Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2002 5:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2002 7:11:55 PM EDT by caveman]
Saw a Daewoo 9mm at the gun show. Didn't notice a model#. They said it was a 10 shot .
I've never seen one before. They wanted $264.00 for it . Came with one mag. Anybody know anything about it??

Thinking of going back Sun. and getting it (just 'cause I don't have a 9mm right now ,and it's cheap)

Thanx for any info.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:30:36 PM EDT
A friend of mine has one and he loves it. It should be the one with the fast action trigger system if I remember correctly. It is a nice pistol and I believe it can also use S&W mags too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:30:48 PM EDT
Yep, The guy said something about the fast action trigger. Thanx,might have to get it .....'cause I don't hve one
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:36:20 PM EDT
Hasn't that trigger system (and maybe that same gun) been around for some time? I remember seeing it at a show back in '93. You chamber a round, then decock the hammer, but the DA pull is greatly reduced for the first shot? Very confusing, because it seemed like the trigger had three stages of operation: DA, Light DA, and SA? Anyway, I thought they had a carbine version of that same pistol?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:59:50 PM EDT
Caveman, The Daewoo pistol you saw was either a model DP51 or the DP51C. The DP51 is the full size model and the DP51C is the compact version. I have one of the compact models. They are one of the most accurate handguns that I have fired. Very nice to shoot. I even used it when I took my CCW class. The fast action trigger is an interesting feature. When you load a round into the chamber, the hammer stays back just like any other SA/DA pistol. You then can apply the safety like a 1911. Now, here comes the fast action feature! You can then push the hammer forward. You now have a trigger pull that is the same length as a DA, but light like a SA. As you squeeze the trigger the hammer will come back, then fall like any other SA/DA. The pistol is not designed to be fired in the DA mode. I don't know if it will accept S&W mag, altho I will check this out if I get the chance. I hope that this info helps.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:15:51 PM EDT
Vulcan94,
It looked like a compact. Thanx for the info .

Gonna havta go buy it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:26:26 PM EDT
Got it. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Spent the day at the range shootin' the Cetme I bought yesterday. Made it to the show just before it closed. I'll have to stop on the way home tomorrow and try it out.

If I can get it out of the wifes hands long enough.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:32:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:25:46 PM EDT
I love this gun! It makes me look like I can shoot.
It took about 2 mags for me to get used to the trigger pull.
After that I was shooting about 2" groups at 7 yards.

Gonna have to get another one, maybe a full size.
Mrs. Caveman wants this one

Can't complain too much though, she didn't say anything when I bought the CETME and about 6,000 rnds of assorted ammo Sat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:45:17 PM EDT
The shape of that grip sure is comfortable, isn't it.

Daewoo made the DR200 and DR300 rifles (and their pre-ban brethren), the DP51/DP51C you now have, the DP40 which is the same gun in .40, and they made a very nice copy of the Walther PPK. And every one of them are nice as can be.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:06:38 AM EDT
Top Top