Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2002 9:30:54 AM EDT
I'm looking at a new full-size, steel framed, EAA .45.  It has one 10 round mag, rubber grip panels, the hard-chrome satin finish, red dot front sight, two white dot targe adustable rear sight, all for $350.

Any experience with these?

Thanks all,
Pepper
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
My cousin had the "wonderchrome" version of the same gun.He wishes he had not gotten rid of it. It's kinda big and heavy, but as long as you don't plan to conceal it, it's really a great shooter. You can also get caliber conversions for 9mm, .38super, .40s$w, and 10mm.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
    I had one of these quite a few years ago.  Only problem with it was the safety engaging itself in the middle of a magazine.  I think its a problem of the design because my friend's EAA 9mm does the exact same thing.  It was quite accurate, but I would never depend on the gun in a pinch because of this problem.  

later,
AJ
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my early stainless steel version.  I think they discontinued stainless for the Wonder Finish.
EAA seems to have an on-going problem with "mushey" safeties.  I sent mine back, which improved it, but I finally fixed it my self.  No complaints since.  A good cheaper version of the new CZ-97B.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My EAA .45 also had the self engaging safety issue, but I corrected it with a couple file strokes to an internal stop on the safety pivot. It seems the safety casting is a little "fat" in one area and won't let the safety go fully into the "safe" detent on the frame. It functions flawlessly now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I own 2 of them in SS. They have CZ ergonomics, which means they feel great. They have less muzzle flip than a 1911 because the slide rides lower in the frame. The barrels have average accuracy but are crudely finished. The safety does get knocked off very easily, but never had one do that while shooting and it's easy to fix. The mags have always been 10 rounders so no prebans exist.
Offer the guy $300 and see if he'll take it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#6]
My brother in law had one and jammed on all kinds of ammo(it did this since it was brand new)----very accurate, but nothing to let your life depend on.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#7]
They Jam, They Re-engage the safety
My advice would be that $350.00 is too much!
-Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top