Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 8:13:53 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have a question...I have a low serial number Bushy; A 20" carry handle version. It was bought as a COMPLETE weapon direct from bushy in 1993. I have recently had them change out my carry handle receiver to a flat top reciever, keeping the same barrel, sights, etc. I have the original carry reciever that was sent back to me, but I'm wondering if the value of this weapon has now been decreased?

I never sell my weapons, I was just pondering about this question for insurance purposes.  Thanks all!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, it's worth just as much as if you left it alone.  The real value is in the preban lower reciever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
what he said
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
with a bushy, uppers are uppers. the value is justwhatever that upper costs. $400 upper one a receiver thats $800 = $1200. since pre ban style uppers are still made, a new or old upper chanced nothing but wear on it. hell, if nothing else, i would say the value increased.

i will add, all this goes out the window with colts, cause people willpayhuge for green lable anything.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Concur
You have an $825 lower-my price
And an upper.
I have LMAO at some of the prices for lowers.
I may be living and buying in a different era or moon phase.
When I list it,I will sell it.
When I offer,I have cash!!
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys....

I'm just amazed at the prices of this stuff....If only I took an old friends advice when he wanted me to buy 4 SP89's and 4 HK 94's back in the late 80's. He bought them all and I only bought 1 of each and I'm now SHOCKED at the outlandish prices these weapons draw and how much money my old friend has made by buying up huge amounts of assault weapons back then. I still ask him if he knew the Clinton's in his younger days that gave him his crystal ball!! ;)

Vic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top