Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2002 4:05:36 PM EDT
I just bought a preban TEC 9 and didn't get a manual. Can someone tell me how to break this gun down??? Does anyone have a manual they don't need???

CAN ANYONE HELP???
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:13:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PPD:
I just bought a preban TEC 9 and didn't get a manual. Can someone tell me how to break this gun down??? Does anyone have a manual they don't need???

CAN ANYONE HELP???

"TEC 9" I believed thats a swear word in these parts
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:23:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:48:19 PM EDT
first, brace the "gun" against something hard. next bang with a rock

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:55:18 PM EDT
I didnt know you could strip a Tec-9, I thought they were just supposed to blow up in your hand.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:10:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ILove2Shoot:
there is a metal push pin the you need to remove from the stock (cant remember if it is front or back) may need a punch to get it moving. once it is out, the metal receiver will come out of the stock. once this is out, take a Quarter and unscrew the back of the receiver. Slide the bolt assembly back some and take out the cocking/safety handle, now take the bolt all the way out. ok you have just stripped a Tec-9, pretty easy huh. That should cover it, i am going from memory.

Yup....
-make sure it's cocked (don't know why, but if I recall, it has to) & unloaded.
-push out pin in front
-lift up front and pull forward. Little pin in back of 'upper' will come out of hole (same hole that holds the strap hook)
-unscrew w/ quarter or large screw driver, keep control of cover
- slide bolt back to larger 'slot' location, pull out safety. Guts will slide out.
-reassemble backwards, making sure it is cocked, somthing to do w/ helping you put it back together.

-removing the extractor is not recommended

Same as posted......
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:51:41 PM EDT
Instead of a quarter to unscrew the back cap on the receiver tube, you can use the carry strap eyelet that comes off the back of the reciever. That is what I used to take down my friends ab-10.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:46:43 PM EDT
All set, thanks...
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:23:03 PM EDT
www.sksparts.com/index.htm

This site has manuals and other parts for your Tec 9.

I did this same thing yesterday. I bought the piece of shit a while back. Took it to the range yesterday and it jammed every other shot.
The Leo said he had a rope I could have to use it as an anchor.

I replaced the bolt and the recoil and strick spring. It was easy. I don't think you need a manual for this but for later as something else will go wrong with it.
Mine feels diiferent now that I did this so I hope its ok when I take it back to the range.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:32:06 PM EDT
Check your mail.

I just sent you a html page with the exploded views of the Tec 9

legs
Top Top