Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 1:39:29 PM EDT
I have a pre-ban Feather AT-9 coming that I bought off of Gunbroker.com for a reasonably good price.

Now don't give me a hard time....I have three ARs, three AKs, one M14S and severalher
Already stocked up on mags from CDNN for $19 each.

Now I need an info board.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one of these it shot pretty well and accurate. But it was very picky with the ammo. Some of the cartridges when chambered would get actually stuck in the barrel. When you got them out there would be barrel twists ON the brass. I traded it for a Olympic CAR-15 a while ago. It's nice just make sure you test the ammo before stocking up on it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Maggot - Thanks for the info.   I'll keep an eye out for that problem.

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I traded a Springfield Armory 45 for a preban Feather AT 9 a few months ago at a gunshow. It was the first one I ever saw and I liked the looks of it. When I shot it the last round in the mag would always jam. Come to find out it was a mag problem. I bought a few 25 rd mags from The Feather websight and they worked great. I also put a few accessories on it. Forward pistol grip, scope mount base, holo sight, and vented barrel shroud. It looks great and shoots great. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Hope you enjoy shooting it as much as I do.

If you find anymore websights on the Feather AT 9 please let me know. I would like to check them out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Nighthawk - Will do.   Yepper, mine's loaded already with all the goodies.   May actually get it Tues/Wed.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Nighthawk.....CDNN has the 25 rd Feather factory mags for 19.95 each.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been considering purchasing one of the Feather carbines, either in the 9mm or the 45. I am having a hard time justifying the price though. I havent come across more than a handful of people who have bought one, so I am kind of curious as to if they are really worth the price. I would appreciate any sort of feedback that you might want to post about your rifle. That might help me make a more informed decision. Thanks in advance atadude.

WAS
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks ataDude for the websight. Thats less than what I paid for my mags. I'm going to have to stock up on a few more mags for that price.

Hey WorlfAmongSheep go ahead a get you one, I don't think you will be dissappointed. I love mine.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Update:

1.  The Feather shoots reliably and accurately with a mix of good and cheap ammo.  No jams of any sort.

2.  The CDNN mags may not be such a bargain.  I ordered 14 - of those.  At least 8 won't load more than 10-12 rounds in a 25-rd mag (no blockages - just out of spec manufacturing that causes the offset rounds to jam against mag sides part way down the mag - reminds me of cheap USA mag problems.

Have since found out that the original Feather mags are nothing more than IMI UZI mags with a mag catch slot milled on the left side.  Also, have found that IMI mags are the only way to go - reliable and functional ...just need the slot milled in.   These are marked with a Star of David on the sides at the bottom.

I'm sending half of the CDNN mags back.

Thanks for your assistance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top