Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 6:05:15 AM EDT
I dont think it will use to many if any 1911 parts... look at the funny ejector but anyone have any experiance with thease????....I found one for $175.00 I have a glock for CCW this is just for fun....

www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=2334991
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I would bet otherwise.  I beleive these are very 1911 compatible, unlike the Molina's. The extractor is different (an improvement), but I bet that is it.  One thing, though, since the extractor doesn't com fully forward to the ejection port, like Smiths, Glocks, etc, you probably won't be able to lower the port as much as is curently fashionable on 1911's.  At least not as far back to the breech face...
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The extractor (not the ejector) is different, the barrel is different (cut out for extractor), the slide is therefore different, and as you will note, the grips screws are placed differently (so you can't put any Ahrends on).

It's rather moot.  If you are planning on buying a Firestorm so that you can swap out better parts, you should not have bought a Firestorm.  It's not high quality.

It's $250 and you got your lifetime warranty, and it won't blow up.  It is for poor people.

Llama in disguise.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The current edition of SNG has a 1911 article in it and it covers the Firestar. THe author liked it and stated that he would carry one.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
But that guy liked everything, so I don't believe him . . .
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, he did  like all of them from a functional
standpoint, which was the pourpose of his evaluation. The Rock Island Armory pistol got good reviews in othe mags.
THe pourpose of his evaluation was for reliability. And all the pistols he reviewed were reliable.
Alot of people feel that the internal extractor is a weak point in the 1911, hence the Firestorm's use of an external extractor.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think you can go wrong for $175. I wouldn't plan on dressing it up with any aftermarket mods though.

Hydguy, I think you meant Firestorm. Firestar is a different animal, made by Star in Spain. Firestorms are made in South America, Brazil I think but ICBW.

BTW, here's a list of compatible 1911 parts...
www.firestorm-sgs.com/colt.html
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]

And all the pistols he reviewed were reliable.
 100 rounds doth not reliability make.  How many of them would make it to 1,000?  I'd bet on the Springfield and Colt, the others . . . ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top