Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2002 6:33:05 PM EDT
Tell anyone this, and I'll break your knees.

I finally broke down and bought a.... 10/22.  I have a bunch of 22lr to get rid of, and well, it is a fun gun.  A bitch to breakdown, but fun nonetheless.

I'm looking for some good hicap mags and reduced trigger pull.  What are the best 10/22 mags?  I'd prefer all metal, because I've heard of the plastic ones splitting.  I'm thinking about cutting the sear and hammer springs down to reduce trigger pull.  Any tips on 10/22 triggers?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, does that Ram Line mag loader work?  A few hundred rounds today and my thumbs hurt.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The cost of a metal 'normal cap' mag are almost as much as the rifle.

Hopefully in 2 years we can eventually buy 'normal cap' mags for a cheaper price.

Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Of all my 10/22's that I have used,I'm on my third one, I have purchased all brands of lo and hi cap mags.  Heres the spill:

"Eagle" mags low and hi cap: avoid them, they do the "split".
"Ram-line" mags have the mag lips crack first then they do the "splits".
And finally-
"Butler Creek" the best damn mags both in 10 round and 25 rounders. I currently have 2 25 rounders "hot lips".  I have constatly filled and fired this mags and function without a hiccup.  The best model of Butler creek mags are the ones that are called "Steel Lips".  The only places that I see them for sale is at the Gun Shows they range from $59 to $120.  You might find them on the internet also.  Triggers, the only good place for them for sale is at the Brownells site. later.
later
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow!  Thanks for the gist.  That is everything I wanted.

Time to go buy the most expensive mag I've ever bought.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
www.volquartsen.com

edited to addd www.midwayusa.com link

Midway has a lot of Volquartsen parts available
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Cleaned all the cosmo off it.

I had a hella time with the trigger group.  Them damn pins kept falling out.

Treetop, big thanks on that one. That helped out alot.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are looking to reduce trigger pull and don't want to spend a lot of money, you should get a replacement hammer from Volquartsen.  I have one in mine and it makes the trigger a lot lighter without breaking the bank.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
thier is  no easy waytoget hi caps. most areplastic,even steellips aremostly plastic. i sawa all metal 30 rd once. it was like the ciner mag,but for 10/22. $150
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Good news.  I found a distributor with Mitchell 50 round drum mags for $79.95, $94.95 shipped to your door paid by PayPal ($10 discount for cash off this price, $5 shipping)

"Thanks for writing. Prices on mags are as follows:
 Butler Creek 25 round hotlips                 $34.95
 Butler Creek 25 round Steel Lips            $52.95
 Mitchell 50 round  Drums                      $79.95
All orders paid for by money order will be charged $5 for shipping. All
Paypal orders will be sent out via Expresspost with a tracking number. The
charge for this service is $10. This is due to Paypal's requirement that all
orders must have a tracking number. Payment can be made by Paypal to this
e-mail"

I'll check it out and see how it goes.  If it is legit, I'll post more info here.  These are some really good prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top