Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2002 3:18:31 PM EDT
my ramline 30 rounder is starting to come apart should i reglue it or just chuck and buy another one?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:46:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:48:00 PM EDT
If they are coming apart at the seams use epoxy. Do a 1 or 2 inch section at a time. Use a hand grinder to put small grooves between the parting lines and fill them in with the epoxy. Then do another section when cured. Should work fine. I have two 50's that I have not used for years. In fact I have hardly ever used them so I am not sure how durable they are meant to be. You got nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:49:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:30:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:09:23 PM EDT
One of my sons mags wore out and he thru it away and I told this to a local dealer, and he told me that they have a life time warranty and next time this happens just send it back to ramline for a replacement. I have not had the opportunity to try this yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:14:13 PM EDT
I have a Eagle 10/22 mag that I had to glue three times now.

To bad all those 10/22 mags are such POS. I have 1 Eagle and 4 Ramline mags all bought in the early 90s.....none of them are reliable.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:56:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:59:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:58:22 PM EDT
TREETOP is correct, they will send you 10 rounders in exchange.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:01:47 PM EDT
I would certainly hold on to the mag. I have a 50 rounder that I had to split completely apart for repair due to a stuck follower.

I ended up carefully splitting it apart and then lightly sanding/scruffin the edges to get a larger surface area, cleaned the edges with rubbing alcohol and carefully reglued the edges back together using superglue gel. So far so good, as the mag has withstood at least acouple hundred rounds and doesn't appear to be any worse for wear.

Don't send it back to ramline as they will replace it with an equivalent number of 10 rounders.

Hell, with the way prices for the 50 rounders are going I would expect somebody to come out with a full line of replacement bodies and springs, even if they were plastic.
Yes, there was a guy who produced aluminum replacement bodies for butler creek 25 round mags, however he no longer produces them. Probably due to poor sales because they cost 150 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:45:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2002 6:48:20 AM EDT by Kevin]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:39:27 AM EDT
thanks for the advice ill try to reglue it
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:46:02 AM EDT
[shaking my head] The things we have to go through. Grrrr Hey what ever happened to [finger]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:12:28 PM EDT
i had to do some serious dremel work on one of my plastic Eagle 30 rounders. i basically took a steel lipped Butler Creek 10 rounder, cut the top off, and JB welded a new top end onto my eagle mag. it seemed kinda sketchy, but ive been using it for over a year now with no problems. i finally painted it with some black epoxy and it looks BETTER than new! ive got another 30 rounder im gonna convert soon. the metal lips are SOO much better than the cheap ass plastic.

id post a picture of my cration, but i have no idea how to so.... use your imagination....

also... is it even legal to meld mags like i did? i mean come on, i had the preban already so it shouldnt be a problem with the Man right?

ahhh welll.... whatever...
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:31:28 PM EDT
I thought about something similar. adapting a factory 10 rd as the top of one of the plastic mags like my eagles.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:39:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:46:50 PM EDT
I've thought about doing the same kind of repairs to a couple of my mags but never knew if it was "legal" or not, thanks for the ruling Kevin. Probably wouldn't hurt to buy some extra steel lipped Butler Creek 10 rounders just in case they stop making them in addition to the plastic lipped mags...you know "job security" since the plastic lips will always wear out!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:21:00 PM EDT
LOL

This is where being Canadian works.

I just wander down to the local gun shop and pick one up.

They are under $30 US here!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:59:48 PM EDT
Used model glue to repair mine, years ago. Seems to have done the trick.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:04:14 PM EDT
Don't use just any old epoxy. Use "J B Weld." Be sparing though because it cures hard as steel, literally. If you use regular epoxy, the opaque stuff is stronger than the clear stuff. But the clear stuff is a bit more flexible. Ok I'll shut up now...
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:25:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kevin:

Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:
also... is it even legal to meld mags like i did? i mean come on, i had the preban already so it shouldnt be a problem with the Man right?

You'll be fine, the above would be constituted as a repair to your existing pre-ban mag not the 'manufacturing' of a new hi-cap mag.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. If this is a crime I bet you literaly could not get caught if you tried. I would bet if you tried to turn your self in, the police would have no clue what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:25:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:47:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ar10er:
One of my sons mags wore out and he thru it away and I told this to a local dealer, and he told me that they have a life time warranty and next time this happens just send it back to ramline for a replacement. I have not had the opportunity to try this yet.

you are correct sir but the company will replace your mag with 3 10 rd mags.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 3:52:23 PM EDT
Some of the Hicap 10/22 mags (Butler Creek, I believe) have feed lips that look like they can be replaced. Anyone know if they make replacement feed lips?

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:17:24 AM EDT
50cali is absolutely right. DONT use any epoxy other than JB weld. trust me they arent strong enough, i tried most of em. a good thing about JB weld is that you can go nuts with the glue and make nice big fillets, and then grind it down after it cures with a dremel. this makes it nice and strong. just dont get glue in the crucial areas where the rounds and spring are.

-spaceman
Top Top