Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2002 12:18:42 PM EDT
www.m-kspecialties.com/

Anybody know if these rifles are any good? Anybody got one?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:38:58 PM EDT
I refer you to www.gunandknife.com "m14/m1a forum" for an EXTENSIVE discussion on MKS (from the re-weld saga/tragedy to their new and not very available forged recievers). From what I gather, only a few hundred people have these new recievers in their hot little hands and no-one has given the low down on rifle assembly and range tests. The only experience I have with MKS is their m1a scope mount and I think VERY highly of it on my m21.

Karl
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:08:00 PM EDT
MKS products are OK.
My MKS rifles were stolen 6 weeks ago.
They have the absolute worst,dishonest customer service in the firearms industry.
They will tell a lie straight to you on the phone,IF you can contact them.
They will take a deposit and not ship in a year,I mean a 50% deposit.
They lied about the BATF approval letter.
Get a ChiCom-at least they won't lie.
Get an Enterprise.
AVOID the kelly clan.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:56:33 PM EDT
First off,I have no personal experience with MKS. I do know that rewelded TRW receivers ARE being collected by the ATF. The new ones are supposed to be pretty good. There is a review of the new ones over on Shooters.com highpower section.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:35:06 PM EDT
Not just TRW's. All of MKS's cut and weld U.S.G.I. M-14 receivers are being confiscated. What a huge mess.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:07:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:
Not just TRW's. All of MKS's cut and weld U.S.G.I. M-14 receivers are being confiscated. What a huge mess.

Sorry, that is what I heard as well. Guess I should reread my posts before committing them.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:20:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SRM:
The new ones are supposed to be pretty good. There is a review of the new ones over on Shooters.com highpower section.

If these are the forged M14-type receivers, as of Camp Perry, they still had problems with the rear sight serations as well as the locking lug helix of the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 12:43:51 PM EDT
Well it sounds like the collective wisdom of the board is stay clear of this company, at least for now, thanks for the responses.
Top Top