Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 11:01:41 AM EDT
Oh, boy!
It's big, it's black, it's long, and it's IN...
Wait, THAT didn't sound right!!!

I got the call that the rifle 'just walked in the door; come and get it!'.

I'll be back to let you know how it looks NIB.
Pictures later in the week.
Is this fun, or what?!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]
What caliber?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]
What scope are you putting on?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Leupold 4.5-14x40 1" Tactical Mil-Dot.

Probably SHUDDER; SQUIRM; EEEwwww; for shame; pointless; not tough enough; etc., etc. a 2-pc. Redfield hunting style base and rings for now, just to get it shootable ASAP. I could wait a couple of weeks for the 2lb. heavy steel units (which I'm not going to use anyway), or I can get it on and go for it.  Would YOU wait?  Of course not!

I may have to do some monkeying around with the other rifles to rob parts for the mounting system, or I could use the Redfield Widefield Lo-Pro 3-9 scope that isn't sitting on anything at the moment...
Some of these units were going to get a revamp anyway, so, I can't decide tonight what to do.
The fastest way to use a good scope is to paint a pair of Redfield high rings I have and put them on the 2-pc. and go shooting.
That sounds like the least amount of trouble until I get the scope mount and rings I want to use.

If you hadn't have asked, I may not have thought of it.  Thanks.
Hey, I don't mind going the easy way out to get behind the gun sooner.
Sure looks good so far.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Mine is a DM 308 with a cryoed barrel and action and a sweet trigger job. I have a Leupold 3.5 x 10 x40 LR Illum scope with Leupold Long Range base and Leupold rings. IMHO the base and rings are strong enough unless you will be dragging your gun around beating it on things. Here is a picture of mine

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p4c1212c5b100d29fba080ac690849280/fdf9d28e.jpg
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Mine is a DM 308 with a cryoed barrel and action and a sweet trigger job. I have a Leupold 3.5 x 10 x40 LR Illum scope with Leupold Long Range base and Leupold rings. IMHO the base and rings are strong enough unless you will be dragging your gun around beating it on things. Here is a picture of mine

I have Badger's on my Winny so I can drag it around and beat on things.  

Bradd
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, now I've got a question for you folks...what do you think a new PSS stock is worth?  I'm thinking about picking it up for an old Rem 700 action I have lying around and making something of it.  $200 a good deal?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Beating on things with ones rifle is---'uncivilized'.

I'm fairly confused enough to debate unreasonably on scopes, let alone mounts.
The only thing I'm beating here is a dead horse!

I won't be making this into an Iron Maiden.
I'm trying more for the sleek City Bitch look.
If it's a little tougher than standard, and not quite built like Aunt Matilda, I'll be diggin' it!
Compromise? No.  If I get what I want, it ain't a compromise.
Nice to be able to look at it and say: "I've got one, now!"

edited for:
Nice pic of the 700.
Can we see a pic on the 'Winny'?  Good choice for this type of rifle, too.
$200 for the PSS stock?  Grab it!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet, have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top