Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2002 1:38:04 PM EDT
SInce we've had the SOPMOD and M4 pics, how bout some Dissipator pics.

Here is mine. Got lots planned for it but so far only have a Wilson Combat muzzle brake and a gapper. Plan on either a new Leupold CQ sight or a Mini Acog, possibly an RAS, and a tac sling.

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:28:47 PM EDT
One of these days, I'll take some new pictures.
I don't have all the latest hardware on this. Just what I thought would get me down the street for a while, and see what was going on a block or two away. Y2K sure was fun to prepare for...

:
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:29:31 AM EDT
wow, sweet!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:57:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2002 5:48:37 PM EDT by firefight]
Nice shoes Hawkeye1...where can I get me a pair like that?
Seriously, That is a nice dissipator. Does that brake work OK? Does it increase noise to the shooter as bad as the AK brake? Just curious.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:39:12 PM EDT
The can where did you get it and how many rounds does it hold? Someone told me about it about a week ago. Could you give me a link or where to look at it
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:43:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By edpmedic:
The can where did you get it and how many rounds does it hold? Someone told me about it about a week ago. Could you give me a link or where to look at it

"Only" 10rds, check this post here on AR15Com www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=91162
So I wouldn't spend all that money on a 10 rounder. I'm quite sure it's only 10rds because the fine people at eBay submit everything to a close scrutiney.

C-2-6
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:47:06 PM EDT
BusMaster,

Wouldn't it be funny if you could take two of those drums and insert one of them as backup in the RediMag?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:49:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By firefight:
Nice shoes Hawkeye1...where can I get me a pair like that?
Seriously, That is a nice dissipator. Does that brake work OK? Does it increase noise to the shooter as bad as the AK brake? Just curious.

LOL! I was using my wifes camera and thought I had my big clod hoppers out of the way. Yes the Wilson muzzle brake is awesome. Its like shooting a .22 short. Side blast doesnt appear to be much worse that with a standard A2 flash suppressor, or at least mu friend that went shooting with me last didnt seem to think so. I guess that is something thats relative to the person standing there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:21:36 AM EDT
My preban dissipator setup:

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:27:16 AM EDT

There's a couple sitting side-by-side a few in from the left-hand side.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:55:53 AM EDT
Paul,

Nice wood on the Garand. Where'd you get it? CMP?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:24:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hawkeye1:
http://glen.dodgedakotas.com/dakotaweb/john/guns/15_12A.JPG

Please don't tell us what that stain is.

- Gravitynoodle
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 1:19:51 PM EDT
2 1/2 year old and a black marker.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:34:47 PM EDT

Here's mine...Colt Hbar Pre Ban lower Daniel Defense (Les Baer) flat top upper with a cut down Bushmaster Govt profile chrome lined barrel...this here is a Kurtzgewehr...Kurt OD moly'd ...Phantom flash hider
Bushmaster Alum forend..Kurt is installing two Picattiny rails one in the 11 OClock and one in the 1 O'clock. I plan on two surefire lights ...Ive got a Ambi grip (From Cav Arms) for it..Optics Ive got a Leupy Mark4 CQ/T for it but my wife like that so I might put the Leupy 3.4X10 LR on this..Kurt is also making up a Lt. Wt. gas block to which I hope to add flip up front site..
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:11:29 PM EDT
Here is mine in the middle. Really one of my favorite Ar's

I have had the HBAR turned down to Light weight configuration and really like the feel now.

Did anybody know that the BG's used a Dissipator in the Bank of America "shoot out"?

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:16:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By marvl:
My preban dissipator setup:

Hey Marv,

How do you like the aimpoint on top of the carry handle? I don't see too many people doing that. I thought about that setup but was talked into a flat top instead.
Top Top