Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2002 1:27:33 PM EDT
I'm new to the Northern Virgnina area and looking for places to shoot my Bushmaster. I amless intereste in formal ranges, as I would like to do some serious adventure plinking.

Any suggestions on public lands, etc in the NoVA, area? I'm willing to drive 2-3 hours for a decent place to shoot so W. VA, MD and PA are also open.

I appreciate the tips.

Thanks

CapHill223
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:53:30 PM EDT
Look at the "WHere to Shoot" section at communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite we have listings for ranges in all those states.

You are, of course, welcome to join us for our "almost monthly" AR shoots in Maryland.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 3:33:27 PM EDT
Welcome, there are plenty of ranges like you are looking for.
Check out this link:

http://www.r8web.com/gwj/shootingranges.htm

Just what you are looking for.

PS stay out of DC with your AR or any guns. Might want to stay out of DC period
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:57:09 AM EDT
two great tips in less than 24 hours - that's why I like this board.

Forest - I'll be checking out the site and definitely would bbe interested in the "almost monthly" MD shoots.

LE6920 - I work on Cap Hill on some gun issues, so I got to be real familiar with DC's criminal empowerment laws before I moved out here. With DC's laws, a high-cap mag for a glock pulls the same penalty (federal charges excluded) as a machine gun. They even can offer a felony charge per round of ammunition.

Of course none of those laws apply to members and Congress and their staff on the Capitol grounds - which explains how Feinstein can wave an AK around during a hearing. How she got it to the Capitol grounds is another story...

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:51:24 AM EDT
LE6920 posted a good link. Every few months I go out to

Dry River Ranger District
(540) 828-2591
The West Side Shooting Range is open year round and provides shooting lanes of various lengths, covered shooting benches, and a parking area. The range is located on FDR 151, about one mile north of the junction of FDR 151 and US 33. The turnoff is about 1 mile east of the Brandywine Lake Recreation Area entrance.

It is only 100 yards but nice because you can shoot full auto, 50bmg etc. No range officer.

Check meetings and events for VA shoots.
Top Top