Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 6:47:40 AM EDT
Are their any major differences between the two rifles that justify the extra cost of the SR-25?
I've never fired either rifle, I've had a chance to fondle a SR-25 a few times, but I've never even seen a AR-10 IRL. Does the AR-10 have the same "balance" as the SR-25? Do they use the same bolt group?Magazines?Are they the same accuracy wise? What about reliability?
TIA,
echo6
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a AR10T.I've been shooting 1/2" groups at 200yards.It didnt start out that good but has gotten better.I'm up to about 600 rounds.The magazines are M-14 mags that have been converted.SR25 mags are unique to that rifle.Very few prebans were made and they are expensive.Ar10 mags are expensive too.But for the AR10T how many 20 roundres do you need for a precision rifle.If your talking about a battle rifle there are better choices design and magazine[cost] wise.The FAL and M1A.G3 is another but I'm left eyed and handed.Its just too akward for me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I've hesitated to reply for a couple of reasons (but obviously decided to reply):

1)  We're looking at two rifles but one (the SR-25) of these rifles costs twice as much as the other - probably a little more than twice as much street price.
I'm not sure a comparison is................

2)  I'm heavily prejudiced toward ArmaLite - I sold my only SR-25 but will admit to having three (AR-10(T) & -10(TC) in .308 and an AR-10(T) in .243) ArmaLites.
So you should really listen to me !

However, I must say the SR-25 is the more accurate rifle when viewed across a wide spectrum of rifles - at least 1/4 MOA more accurate.

If you intend to use a sound-suppressor the SR-25 is the better choice, that is the pre-ban SR-25.  The threads are already there for screwing on a suppressor (protective cap covers the threads).

I can tell you with certainty, the well dressed 'operator' carries an SR-25 with a Nightforce NSX scope.

Now as for ArmaLite AR-10 - you can buy one and spend another $1500 or so and have a rifle that will out shoot the SR-25 !

Or you can spend the same money the SR-25 would cost and buy yourself 'both' an ArmaLite AR-10(T) and an ArmaLite AR-10 (TC) (carbine).

Tough guns to compare.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top