Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2002 4:32:17 PM EDT
I have some pics of my dissipator sporting a few different configs courtesy of my new KAC M5 system. I got most of the gear from http://www.sableco.net, and I definitely recommend them for anything ya need.

Here's a rundown of the parts:
Bushy Dissipator
Jewell Two stage trigger
KAC M5
KAC Forward Pistol Grip
Insight Technologies M6 laser/flashlight
Leupold CQ/T Mark 4
Aimpoint CompM
Leupold 4.5-14 Vari-X III
Harris Bipod
Pelican case (need to get new padding and redo it)

Link Posted: 2/4/2002 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.
What are your thoughts on the latest Leupold?
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
i haven't had a chance to fire the gun with the CQ/T yet. i will get back with ya after this weekend. from a first glance, it's a very nice sight, and combines the best of the aimpoint, and gives a little more control by means of the circular reticle. it also has rails on it for mounting a laser or small flashlight.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus, man you have a ton of money in that thing, don't you?
I like it. Looks great!

Link Posted: 2/4/2002 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah, i've dropped quite a load on gear. but, I don't intend on letting those scopes just sit around....i'm getting more guns for them, of course! i'm looking for a varmint upper, not sure if i want the RRA, armalite, or BM though. I already have another bushy lower, but just need the upper to make a nice varmint gun.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Hoosier, not to rain on your parade, but how much does that thing weigh???

Dissy barrels are not known for their light weight. Throw in a full length RAS, tac light/laser, and the Leupold CQ/T, and you must be pushing 10lbs. unloaded!

So much for the concept of the "grab and go" carbine.

But if you like it, hey... to each their own!

Link Posted: 2/4/2002 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Super nice setup.
I like the bottom picture the best.
It's like a naked woman with all of her clothes off...
It ain't the clothes, it's the hanger!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hoosier, not to rain on your parade, but how much does that thing weigh???

Dissy barrels are not known for their light weight. Throw in a full length RAS, tac light/laser, and the Leupold CQ/T, and you must be pushing 10lbs. unloaded!

So much for the concept of the "grab and go" carbine.

But if you like it, hey... to each their own!

yeah, it does get a tad heavy, but i have no need for it to be a 'grab and go weapon'. although, i can still grab it and get moving pretty quickly, i don't really notice the weight. when i'm hunting coyote, i have it on a sling, and when i'm shooting it, I don't really notice the weight too much. if i need a weapon to be light for self defense, i'll just grab the shotgun or handgun, i like shooting the gun set up like this, so the weight doesn't really bother me. now, if i used the gun for things other than recreation, then you have a pretty good point. everything in the case together gets pretty heavy though ;)
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I notice you have the aimpoint mounted to the RAS.  I was under the impression that the knights ras was not stable enough for mounting optics, and you had to go to a free floated model to do that?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I notice you have the aimpoint mounted to the RAS.  I was under the impression that the knights ras was not stable enough for mounting optics, and you had to go to a free floated model to do that?

Good point, I was questioning that also.....Especially after installing the Jewell trigger.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

i had questions about that as well, however, after talking with donnie at sableco, he recommended doing it that way. i've put a couple hundred rounds through it with the aimpoint mounted there, and it shoots just fine w/o becoming unstable...
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
yeah, i've dropped quite a load on gear. but, I don't intend on letting those scopes just sit around....i'm getting more guns for them, of course! i'm looking for a varmint upper, not sure if i want the RRA, armalite, or BM though. I already have another bushy lower, but just need the upper to make a nice varmint gun.

WoW!  Very Nice rig!

I've always thought the Dissipator was a nice setup.
That barrel isn't fluted is it ?

you might look at www.metalcraft-ar15.com
for a target/varmint upper
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i had questions about that as well, however, after talking with donnie at sableco, he recommended doing it that way. i've put a couple hundred rounds through it with the aimpoint mounted there, and it shoots just fine w/o becoming unstable...

What mount did you use for the Aimpoint ?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What mount did you use for the Aimpoint ?

The ARMS 22M68 is the mount.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Dissy barrels are not known for their light weight. Throw in a full length RAS, tac light/laser, and the Leupold CQ/T, and you must be pushing 10lbs.

You can get somebody like Kurt's Kustom Firearms to turn down the barrel and lighten it up nicely.  Here's one he did on a preban setup I own:

I don't have much hanging off it, but it is nice and light, and handles very well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife isnt going to be very happy with you, putting ideas in my head like that.  Thinking of my next project gun, RRA Lower, Skeleton Butt Stock, Bushmaster Shorty A3 Upper, RAS Forearm, Register as SBR and chop barrel.  Its all becoming very very clear
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#17]
hoosier,
i just noticed that your locking screws for your high power scope is not the swan lever type...after zeroing the scope...will it return to zero after removing it to use other scope options?

tnx
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#18]
hoosier,
I know you put in a couple of bucks but looks like you also put in a lot of thought.

Have you noticed anything you would do differently now - any adds - deletes - changes ??

Nice, NICE rig !!
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:24:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Be very proud of that set up!  Nice job!  I like the variety of optics and you just inspired me to get a pelican case.

Cheers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top