Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/31/2002 5:27:58 PM EDT
yup, just bought one. i am really impressed with it's handling properties. pre-ban with lots of mags. screw the money, i want to shoot the hell out of it and pass it on to my son.
what parts do i need to keep it running? favorite ammo? what parts do i lube? i know there are a lot of you guys out there with them, so i thought i would ask here. please give me your honest opinions and advise.
thanks
willy

willy
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:54:34 PM EDT
Range report on that one!

Anyway, I have never even shot one, but one thing I have heard is that they are susceptible to light primer hits. Also I don't know why no military uses them except Austria, Australia, and, I think, Morocco.

But who cares about that? It still is very cool. Let us know how it works for you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:00:01 PM EDT
freewilly, bought mine about 2 years ago used, but looks brand new. Have put almost 1000 rounds of Win, .223 through it without one malfunction. Have 5 30 round mags and picked up a 42 round at the last gunshow for 100.00. Like you say, who cares? There are only so many mags and guns imported so why not? The gun is a blast to shoot once you get over the slightly un-nerving feeling of the ejection port being right next to your eye. Plus, everybody who saw "Die Hard" will want a crack at it just to say "Hey, I shot an AUG!" As far as spare parts, the PJS website might be able to help. The stuff's getting pretty scarce and only more $$$$ as time goes by. A great shooter and a rare foreign gun to my collection. I know, you just had to have it!
Top Top