Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 7:13:59 PM EDT
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the new Walther P-22? It looks preaty kewl but havn't seen much about it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a small handgun. Got to fool around with one but did not shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They're great!  Small size, high quality, good ergonomics, and a REAL extractor, unlike many other small 22 pistols.  Why didn't anyone else think of this?

They are selling a TON of them around here.  Last gun show I went to, one dealer brought them out and sold 3 of them just in the time I was there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
They are nice, real nice. I bought one that came with both barrel. Good gun to add into my collection.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:59:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this gun managable with Bigger hands? I'd like a .22 pistol, but don't like the looks of the other ones. Anyone with big hands handle one with the finger extension mags? I am 6'3 220, and have doubts that it will fit me right.

-Jared
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
It came with 2 different grip size strap and the mags do have finger extension (some don't).
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:53:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is this gun managable with Bigger hands? I'd like a .22 pistol, but don't like the looks of the other ones. Anyone with big hands handle one with the finger extension mags? I am 6'3 220, and have doubts that it will fit me right.

-Jared

Same problem - same question.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have shot one, VERY nice pistol. Sights are easy to see and trigger is "ok". It was rather accurate, but I see room for improvement.

If you dont like giving Bill Ruger your money this pistol is a great substitute!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I just looked at one on the Walther site. Sweet looking gun. Anyone know what they are going for?
Thanks,
AIRBORNE!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

-Jared

I have no problems handling mine.... I'm 6'8" , 230. It has 2 backstraps you can switch out, and it comes with 2 mags, one has the finger groove grip extension, one has a flat plate. I paid $280 for mine, a P22 Target with the longer barrel and stabilizer. I just ordered the short barrel for $60 online.

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#10]
223-Buckaroo:

Can I ask where you found the short barrel online?  I've been looking for an online source for a couple weeks to no avail...

Thanks,
SAB
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
223-Buckaroo:

Can I ask where you found the short barrel online?  I've been looking for an online source for a couple weeks to no avail...

Thanks,
SAB

www.waltherusa.net

It's a company called Earl's Repair Service, Inc., and they are a Walther dealer. The order form is kinda "clunky", you basically have to cut and paste the part numbers into it to place the order. But they have everything.... barrels, mags, etc.

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, 223-Buckaroo!

I'd actually been to that site, but didn't even realize that there was a way to order (even though it's a bit clunky, as you said).

SAB
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks, 223-Buckaroo!

I'd actually been to that site, but didn't even realize that there was a way to order (even though it's a bit clunky, as you said).

SAB

Hey,
Just glad I could help out. I looked for it for a while with no luck either. So, when I found that site, I ordered it immediately. They must be getting a lot of requests for it, because they've got it advertised it red under the Order Form link.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I just ordered the short barrel, the scope mount (gonna try my Aimpoint on it), extra screws for the fake compensator (pricey little buggers), and a finger-extension mag base for the second mag.  I can't wait to get 'em!

Thanks again,
SAB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top