Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2002 12:27:29 PM EDT
First off no pictures,sorry guys.Anyway it took just under 1 month. It's better than I hoped for. It's a Springfield Armory,made in May of 43.Barrel is S.A.11-42.Bore is shiney with sharp rifleing.All parts but the bolt are S.A. The bolt is International Harvester.Parkerizing is a good 95%.The gas cylinder is all black.Rest of the metal is the WW2 green parkerizing. The stock has some handeling and storage dings but not enough to make me want to re-finish it. See next post below for part two.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations.  My nephew is still fighting the Garand Retention Society (aka CMP).  I can't wait till he gets his.  After months of anticipation, the wait is getting painful.z
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Part two. It was $520. right to my front door, no dealer needed.The ammo is still on the way from them.I got my 30 Carbine ammo from them last week. It's LC72.It looks brand new.1350 rd. can for $210 delivered. I encourage all of you who can to check out WWW.ODCMP.COM. Who would think now days that you could get a G.I. rifle and ammo right from Uncle Sam sent to your front door. Sorry for the long post. XM21Nick
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen the ad in SN, tried to read through the site, but can someone briefly tell me how one qualifies for this program?

AB
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've seen the ad in SN, tried to read through the site, but can someone briefly tell me how one qualifies for this program?

AB

Shoot a match or show a DD214.  Shoot a match anyway, you might like it.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's mine:
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Nick,  Sweetness... let us know how she runs!  I'm looking forward to getting an M1 through the CMP.  Might be another month or two at least.  The local club makes it pretty beareaucratic to get in.  I might just join the TSRA first, then shoot a match, which should satisfy the CMP qualifications.  Hope I luck out and get a nice one when I do get one!

:)
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Shoot a match anyway, you might like it.

I went to one at Mid-Carolina Rifle Range in Columbia, SC.  Just watching was fun, but I couldn't imagine participating.  The targets are so close to each other that there's no way I could shoot that many rounds without hitting someone else's target.  I really want to shoot in one, but the thought of messing-up someone else's scoring doesn't make me comfortable.  I'd rather just watch than cause a problem.  I saw a cute little blond-headed girl (maybe 7 years-old?) shoot better than I know (with my eyesight and shaking hands) I'll every be able to shoot.  That was humbling.  I suggest to the new guys that you attend a match before even thinking about shooting.  You'll learn a lot.

After typing this in, I realize I should probably post this to the competition forum to  ask for advice.z
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
You do not have to shoot a highpower match to qualify to buy from the DCM. You can simply attend a rimfire clinic. We sponsor them yearly at www.southrivergunclub.com and the certificate you are given at the end of the day qualifies you to buy a Garand or anything else through the DCM.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I simply competed in a .22 match to qualify for the CMP purchase, my order was mailed out last week.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Here's mine!

I bought mine from Orion 7, but plan on buying one from the CMP soon...

Cheers,
Chris

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top