Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 6:48:28 PM EDT
I have a guy who wants to sell this rifle to me. He is asking $800 and it includes the 3-9X40 Weatherby scope. It's a Vanguard VGX in 300 Win Mag made in Japan. External appearance is very good, but he obviously did not clean it since the last time he used it as there is a lot of lead in the barrel, in addition to some rust spots in the rifling near the muzzle. The serial number puts it in the range for the recall but I do not think he had it done yet. So If anyone can shed some light on what this firearm is worth I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Waaaayyyyy too much money, IMO. The rifle, in the shape you described it, should fetch about $400, the scope adds probably $100-150. Offer $500 & then bump to $550 if you have to. Otherwise I'd pass.
I have a Weatherby Ultralight in .308, damn fine rifle.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The Vanguard is a Howa.
Wholesale on a Howa M1500 in 300Win mag is
$315.00---Blued
$375.00---S/S
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Skeeter at skeetersweatherby.com could probably tell you what it's worth, but I'm sure BobCole is right on the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top