Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2002 8:51:10 AM EDT
I don't get it why is the carry handle for an A3 upper so expensive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once you have the flat top what other purpose other than looks and the sorry sight does the handle server. I mean it's just a small pice of metal, but for $100 just seems high to me.

Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
It has the A2 rear sight mechanism in it.  I still think they're overpriced, but ...
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, half the cost is in the sight. But detachable sights without the handle cost about the same. If you're gonna stick to optics, you can do without the CH.

Don
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
True I forgot about the sights, but like you said still thats high.

It also requires much more machining and hardware to mount to the upper.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the upper and getting the optics , I was considering getting the handle till I saw the prices WOW. I'd like to have it just because, but not at that price because I have other projects going, so if anyone has one for a real good deal
I'd take it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Neener,neener,neener!!!!!!!

I bought all my A3 bushmasters when the
carry handle was included.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I get mine from the EE for 80 bucks, when they are around.  There are 2 there now for 85 (I think shipped) which is cheaper than Bushmaster.

The ARMS 40 is 100 bucks+ and the Bushmaster BMAS model is 90 bucks in their catalog.  For that much I figured I'd get the handle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top