Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2002 9:47:32 AM EDT
I took it off just to do it, and now even though I tightened the screw as far as it would go, it still has a slight side to side wobble. Is there anything I can do for it? When I bought the lower, the stock was as tight as a Catholic Schoolgirl!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
...tight as a Catholic schoolgirl...you're a BAD man!

Definitely wasn't the case around here...our local Catholic schoolgirls would probably never have been eligible to become nuns under ANY circumstances!

But enough of fond high school mammaries...er...memories.  

You may have loosened the buffer tube by accident.  Pull the stock back off and check to see that the buffer tube is still tight.  If it's not, put a wrench on it and give it a fair twist by hand.  

Oh...you DID see that little spring and pin that falls out if you take the stock off, right?  That's what retains the rear takedown pin in position, and you will want to re-install those parts.

CJ
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...tight as a Catholic schoolgirl...you're a BAD man!

Definitely wasn't the case around here...our local Catholic schoolgirls would probably never have been eligible to become nuns under ANY circumstances!

But enough of fond high school mammaries...er...memories.  

You may have loosened the buffer tube by accident.  Pull the stock back off and check to see that the buffer tube is still tight.  If it's not, put a wrench on it and give it a fair twist by hand.  

Oh...you DID see that little spring and pin that falls out if you take the stock off, right?  That's what retains the rear takedown pin in position, and you will want to re-install those parts.

CJ

THAT DID IT!!! Thank You very much.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, I don't know what it's like where you are but here the girls from the catholic school are as loose as an untied sneaker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top