Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/25/2002 7:20:26 AM EDT
Anyone had any experience with this rifle? Any idea on cost?

I'm relatively new to the whole gun scene. I've had a .270 for probably 15 years, but rarely have any occassion to shoot it. I'd like to get into target shooting at decent distances. Would this gun be a waste of my money, or should I stick with my .270? I think part of my interest in the Bushmaster rifle is the looks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:30:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2002 7:39:01 AM EDT by mr_wilson]
Welcome Particle.......

Are you interested in HighPower service rifle competitions?
You'll need a DCM 20" AR.

Do you want to shoot long range (500+)?
The Bushy varmiter would be a good choice.

Are you just interested in less than 300 yard shooting?
The Bushy 16"/ M4s versions might be the ticket for ya.

BTW - there are other brands, Colt, Armalite and RockRiver to name a few.

Good Luck,
Mike

PS - see link up top ("INFORMATION") to get to the BushMaster web-site.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:11:02 AM EDT
Not really interested in competition yet. I would just be doing it for fun.

Yeah, I'd like to be able to shoot the 500+ stuff. Don't know where I can actually shoot those distances unless I can find someone with a farm or something and lots of land.

The thing that drew me to the LR-24V was the group at 100yds (the size of a dime) and the looks. It just looks cool!

Check this guy's review if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.gunblast.com/Bushmaster_Varminter.htm
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:12:32 AM EDT
Also, is there anything out there that can help with form and such to teach my self how to shoot accurately? Book? Video? Web address?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:42:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Particle-Realities:
Any idea on cost?

$1K at www.impactguns.com/store/bushmaster.html, which is probably fair.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:14:30 AM EDT
I like the plain Bushy V-match just as well and it is a bit cheaper. I would also consider Rock River Arms as they offer a true stainlesssteel bull barrel for about the same money and there stuff has proven to be top notch lately. I love cheap optics, but if you are going out to 500 yards+ you will need some nice glass, so save plenty of money for a scope and mounts. Assumeing your .270 is a decent or better bolt gun, you can do extremely well with it at these ranges as the heavier bullet will do better in the wind.
Top Top