Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2002 5:45:59 PM EDT
I need a upper/lower handguard, and pistol grip /w bolt & nut for a stamped AK, in black synthetic.  Any idea where to go?  You guys know where to get this crazy stuff at.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't need the stock though.  Just handguard and pistol grip with nut and bolt.

I'd rather not buy it and have to resell it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Shooter's is advertising East-Block synthetic furniture sets for Aks for $30. Sku #AX2A-59990 Shooter's 1-800-888-3006 / www.sportsmansguide.com
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Shooter's is advertising East-Block synthetic furniture sets for Aks for $30. Sku #AX2A-59990 Shooter's 1-800-888-3006 / www.sportsmansguide.com

That will be East German furniture, which is brown.  I have a set on one of my Hungarian SA-85's and I like them.  Cheap, strong enough, and I like the brown color actually.  You can just paint them black and they look fine that way too.  The nice thing about them is that the lower handguard is bakelite, so it does a better job of protecting from heat than other cheap synthetics.  They're foreign parts, so figure out your parts count, and they only work on stamped guns.

The K-var set is probably the highest qualtiy furniture available in synthetic.  It's worth every penny of it's cost.  Strong, light, and the original Bulgarian profile, with a longer stock to fit Americans better.  The lower handguard has a steel heatshield in it, identical to the original, and it works!  

I'd recommend the K-var set first, but if you only need the handguard and pistol grip, you're right it's a bit too expensive.  You can probably get an original Bulgarian handguard from K-var or Global trades or the like.  Pistol grips are dime a dozen.  Companies are just about giving away Bulgarian ones, though it's usually easier to just buy a US one from TAPCO, etc. to give you one more US part.  The US PGs are fine quality wise.  TAPCO has the bolts and nuts for (literally) a couple bucks.

Ross
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]
You can buy the stock parts separately. Just go thru their E-catalog and then call and order. Kvar is the place to go for what you want.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I did some research on this when I was working on my Maadi.  KVAR will sell individual parts.  they will also sell you a mix and match batch.  I needed two more US parts, but wanted the shorter European stock (their US stock is longer), and they swapped out the US buttstock for a Bulgarian and gave me a good price on the set.  It is quality stuff.  

In my research I found that the inexpensive sets offered by MSG, which are initially attractive not only for price, but for variation in styles/compatibility are rated VERY POORLY by those who have purchased them.  

ACE stocks are rated highly.  I have not used them.  They do have a variety of different style pistol grips (a lot of Americans find the standard pistol grip too thin).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top