Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 5:09:13 PM EDT
I saw one in the store today.  At first I thought it was one of the new ones.  I'm pretty sure he said Lithgow was the manufacturer (or remanufacturer).  Are these anything to look at?  What should a fair price be?  For what its worth, the wood, trigger guard, floorplate, and underside of barrel looked brand spanking new.  I didn't ask to see it because it was busy and I was after something else...
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Investment cast receiver that has been over hardened combined with refinished USGI / Berretta part.  Stocks are new.  Prices are in the $600-650 range (retail).  

OSA
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info OSA.  Are they worth it for a good shooter?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you are looking for a pretty wall-hanger, I would stay away from the Lithgow.  These rifles are not really made by the original Lithgow Arsenal.  It is a new company that is squatting on a trusted name sorta like Springfield Armory in Illinois is doing.

Buy an original.  

Check out the Fulton Armory's report on the Lithgow M1  www.fulton-armory.com

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top