Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2002 4:49:28 PM EDT
I am considering getting a Savage Tactical rifle. However, the Savages that I have seen do not have an exposed magazine floorplate. Do the Savage tactical bolt action models have an exposed floorplate on the underside of the stock? I just do not like the looks of a bolt gun without a visble floor plate. Is also helps that most come open to release the unspent cartridges out the bottom for unloading.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:31:26 PM EDT
The Savage Tacticals come with a blind magazine...no floorplate.

Bradd
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:49:05 AM EDT
All Savage rifles except the detachable mag versions have the blind floorplate. It has been argued by many people who know more about accurate shooting than I do that the blind floorplate allows for a more rigid stock and better accuracy.

I've also heard that the non-detachble mag Remington 700PSS rifles are more accurate than the newer ones with detachable mag for the same reason.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:58:26 PM EDT
Just a side note, I have 2 Savage's, one is the older "110FP Tactical" in .223 (before Savage made the short action version, as all the 110FP's were initially made on long actions to cut cost) and a newer one, a 10FP in .308.

Now Savage is making a long and short action version base on cal. In fact, I don't think they call it "110FP Tactical" anymore. Also, my newer 10FP does not have "Savage Tactical" etched on the bolt like my older 110FP does.

GOOD THING THOUGH- both were less than $400 each and the .223 shoots about .450 consistantly while the .308 shoots about .600

Not bad for out of the box rifles for that kind of money.
Top Top