Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/23/2002 1:59:00 PM EDT
I just ordered a conversion for my Colt 1911 - looks pretty neat and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Anyone own one or have experience with it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:49:13 PM EDT
I've got a stainless colt 1911 that I've put a cor-bon 400 barrel in...it packs a hell of a wallup ! I ordered my barrel from I believe a place called federal?? I found it in shotgun news. I got the extended and ported barrel. looks pretty intimidating. I haven't shot it a lot but it seemed to stovepipe on me a few times. I'm not sure if its the barrels fault or mine. I know I was trying to watch the slide at the same time so I could have limp wristed it I suppose. But as fas as the round its self....WOW! I've also got a S&W 1006 which is a 10mm and the 400 seems more intense than it. Let me know how yours works, how you like it.....Jackpot-out
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:59:04 PM EDT
I have a 400 Cor-Bon barrel for my Springfield 1911. Real nice round. The 135gr. load kicks a$$! Factory ammo is pretty expensive, so I load my own. You can get the dies and brass from Dillon Precision. Loading info is available from the Cor-Bon site.
www.cor-bon.com/400.html

coyote3
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:06:42 PM EDT
Sounds great - although not a lot of people seem to have experience with it. I'm really looking forward to getting it - even more so now! I ordered some ammo too, and should have everything next week.

I'll post again after I've had a chance to shoot it.

Top Top