Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2002 4:08:39 PM EDT
What type of 50 cal did "god" (The sniper) use in the movie Navy Seals?

thanks in advance
medcop
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:09:20 PM EDT
Looked like a M82A1 to me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:10:49 PM EDT
Correct.
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:12:48 PM EDT
Aslo, How much are they...and where can I buy one?

anyone have a link to a picture?

medcop
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:15:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2002 4:52:57 PM EDT by 9divdoc]
www.barrettrifles.com/ Be sure and read the intro
where Barrett explains how the Leftist media is using the fight against terror to paint Barrett as an Arms supplier to Bin Laden.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:50:21 PM EDT
Barret light .50 They have one at a range in Scottsdale AZ. Mandell's shooting...

Mother of a recoil.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:53:41 PM EDT
One note the 82a1 in the movie has the earlier flash supressor not the one currently available. in the last scene you can see the round flash supressor on the barrel of the rifle on "gods" back as he "heads for high ground"
john

oh I am not a freak I swear, I just happened to watch it yesterday
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:49:47 AM EDT
I want one! I remember seeing one at a gunshow. Jaw nearly dropped to my knees.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:17:08 AM EDT
What kind of thermal sight does he use?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:03:20 PM EDT
ATTENTION EVERYBODY The people asking all these questions about fifties are not friendlies. They are people who work for Dianne Feinstein's office, handgun control, ect... They are just so stupid that they don't know shit about guns. They're just seeking intel so that they can write legislation to take away our second amendment rights. Don't tell them shit. They're after fifties now, tomorrow they're planning on attacking shotguns. You'll be able to tell them because they'll ask stupid questions like "how many pellets in a shotgun bullet". They are not friendlies, do not help them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2002 6:56:06 PM EDT by brouhaha]

Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
ATTENTION EVERYBODY The people asking all these questions about fifties are not friendlies. They are people who work for Dianne Feinstein's office, handgun control, ect... They are just so stupid that they don't know shit about guns. They're just seeking intel so that they can write legislation to take away our second amendment rights. Don't tell them shit. They're after fifties now, tomorrow they're planning on attacking shotguns. You'll be able to tell them because they'll ask stupid questions like "how many pellets in a shotgun bullet". They are not friendlies, do not help them.

Medcop,

I think I'd take offense to that last post. Either he's joking, or he's a wacko
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:53:28 PM EDT
A guy named MedCop with almost 1000 posts sure sounds like DiFi to me!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:18:06 PM EDT
WOW....so I am officially being accused of being a TROLL?

This is funny....hehehe...I have been on the boards for some time...sold several firearm related items and some firearms to people on this board.

Heck, I even started the idea of having the MID-MO shoot here. I met several members of AR15.com and assaultweb at the shoot also.

Sitting Bull...I really hope you are kidding. OH...Sitting Bull also made a comment like this one on another question I asked about 50 cals..about who makes them and such.

Heck, I am only asking this so I can get one before DiFi (aka Bitch) gets them banned.

Oh..and my name..medcop Use some sense..look at my sig picture...see a police badge...see a army combat medic badge....hmmmm I wonder how he come up with the name medcop..

medcop
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:18:50 AM EDT
You forgot to show him the secret handshake, Medcop...
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:41:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Noname:
You forgot to show him the secret handshake, Medcop...

CRAP!....I knew I forgot something!

medcop
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:58:27 AM EDT
Here is some AR15.com SF Bay Area Chapter members giving the super secret High Sign...

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:34:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2002 4:34:54 AM EDT by medcop]
Noname.....

Crap man...now we have to change the secret sign..you know you are not supposed to post that sorta' thing..

medcop
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:16:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2002 7:18:35 AM EDT by Garand_Shooter]

Originally Posted By RRotz:
What kind of thermal sight does he use?

That is undoubtably a IHSI-1

Ignorant Hollywood Screewriters Imagination-1

Basic laws of physics say that heat will not transfer through a solid wall like is shown, you will not get an image of movement through a wall, or even one that shows that shape of your target. If enough people are in the room that the temp inside is rasied by thier bodies then the whole wall may get a little warmer. Thermal doesnt even work well through glass, as it blocks the heat image and distorts what little passes through so the enitire piece gets warmer instead of what is directly between you and the heat source.
Top Top