Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 8:04:06 AM EDT
When I look around at the sites on the web and see AR's and weapons similar for sale, there is often the word "custom" in the subject line.

Is it just me, or has "custom" become a more fashionable word to replace "mutt"?

Most of these "custom" beasts out there are no more than pieced together POS that were made out of the scrap pile or the SPB (spare parts bin).  

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong out of wanting to make a buck off of spare parts, but there needs to be a more uniform name for these "custom" weapons out there.  

Is it just me?  Or do you guys agree?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
That's like the car dealer using "Previously Owned" as opposed to "Used."
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
They are using the right word, but they're spelling it wrong.  It should be "cussed'em".

"We beat on them and cussed'em until we got them to work about half the time...."

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are using the right word, but they're spelling it wrong.  It should be "cussed'em".

"We beat on them and cussed'em until we got them to work about half the time...."

He said AR's, not SW5's!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like ones that say "rare"..most of the time they are just some old Mil. Surplus Upper someone has for sale..I don't know how many times I have seen "rare" on a Tapco M16 kit

medcop
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't seen "custom" used nearly as much as "tactical".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top