Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 6:32:36 PM EDT
i got a sick ar running today, and after seeing the posts on bump firing, well i decided to give it a go...., wow, what a gas, who here has not tried it.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump firing is fun, but expensive!!!  I've got a mini-14 that can literaly empty a 30rdner in under 3 seconds.  What a mess of shells!!!  My ar is quite fun too.  Next maybe someone can tell me how to bump my Colt Defender .45 ACP that I just picked up.  Muahahaha

I do not endorse the useles wasting of ammo.......eh, who am I kidding...Blast it!
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Would you mind explaining exactly how to do it?  I've heard you have to do it from the hip, but that's no fun. Is there a way to do it while accually aiming the gun?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen away to do it from the shoulder. I have tried a trigger attachment that would allow the shoulder fired bump, but it was not very reliable. Just buy Wolf ammo and you can afford to shoot like that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]
i have a short ar, post ban, and a stock that was collapsable, but now is permanently pinned and epoxied in the short position, you can actually aim the gun from the shoulder area, without the stock contacting the shoulder, and do the bump, it rocks, i really need a video camera
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Would you mind explaining exactly how to do it?  I've heard you have to do it from the hip, but that's no fun. Is there a way to do it while accually aiming the gun?

Well,  All you need to do is....  Hook your firing finger or thumb into your belt loop through the trigger guard.  And then pull the gun towards your finger with the opposate hand keeping your firing hand stiff as a board.  The theory is that you pull the gun toward the finger untill a round fires, and then the recoil will cause the gun to slide back...all the while your oposing hand will pull it back to the finger.  Keep forward preasure, After a few tries I'm sure you'll get it!  After you master this you can get somewhat good at hitting things 25-100 feet away, wich is pretty at the range, provided you can convince everyone of its legality!

Although that its not very difficult, it is somewhat dangerous.  Keep in mind that if your barrel is short enough, you could possibly shoot your face, or somthing else not intended, from excesive recoil or a week grip on the holding hand, not good!

Email me if you have any other questions about this and I could probably hook you up.

I can fire my AR from the sholder bump style.  Its all in locking the elbow, and sholder.  Use a stiff finger and a STRONG grip with your other hand.  A lighter gun works better for obvious reasons.

Be carefull guys! This is not for the little kids or faint at heart.  The last thing I want to hear is shot themself doin this!

Now a question, I heard once that .45 target shooters sometimes get a "double fire"  what is that?  I assume that its the same idea of bumping, but can this be done accurate?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't tried it because all of the patsy a$$ ranges around here would kick my a$$ right out if I did.  Can I come over to your place?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I honestly thought that I was the only idiot that enjoyed "Doin the bump".

It just feels right.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I could not get my AR to bump-fire. I guess the trigger was too heavy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I haven't tried it because all of the patsy a$$ ranges around here would kick my a$$ right out if I did.  Can I come over to your place?

YOU CAN DO PRACTICALY ANYTHING IN MONTANA!  God love em!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top