Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 10:31:42 AM EDT
I'm getting different prices from different people, so I'll just post it here and see what I get.  A friend of mine is interested in selling, it all depends on how much it's worth.
Springfield Armory M1A, preban.  Has the wood stock.  It is in mint condition.  He has the original box, 4 20rnd. USGI mags, Factory Gen III Scope mount.  It isn't mine so don't worry about hurting my feelings, just want an honest estimate of value.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I would purchase a rifle like that (No National Match parts?) for around $1,300-$1,500. With the only difference between Pre and Post on these rifles really being the Bayonet Lug there is not a real large profit to make. Most people  (not me) can't justify the extra 200-300 bucks for a Lug they won't use.....

JerrY
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Around 1100-1200, mags 30-35 a piece, scope mount 100. Only difference between a pre and post is the bayo lug. No big deal. If its got all TRW parts it would bring up the price some.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#3]
No national match parts.  What are TRW parts?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thomson Ramo Woolridge -TRW

One of the 4 companys which built m14's.

Were thought to be somewhat higher quality than the others.(H&R, Win, SA) TRW parts tend to  fetch a little more. FWIW!

I got a stock TRW trigger group in mine that breaks at 4lbs. Very nice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
How can I tell if it has TRW parts?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How can I tell if it has TRW parts?

Easy, just look for "TRW" stampings on the part.  IMHO, as long as the rifle itself consists mainly of USGI parts, it'll bring top dollar.  True, pre-ban post-ban mainly means the lack or instance of the bayo-lug BUT Springfield is using more and more of their own manufactured parts due to the dwindling supply of USGI M14 parts, so if it's a pre-ban rifle it's more likely to have all USGI parts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
unlike ARs pre ban M1As values depend on how many of the parts are USGI as well as condition of course. Gene
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top