Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 5:36:45 AM EDT
I screwed up having sold my KAC grip and now I wish I still had it.  I had one complaint with the KAC grip however that seems to be bettered by the ARMS #23 grip.

The ARMS #23 grip www.armsmounts.com/list.html#23 uses ARMS throw lever system to allow the grip to be quickly added or removed directly from the 1913 rail without needing to be slid off the end of the 1913 rail.

The Knights vertical grip, on the otherhand, has a slot cut into the grip that must be slid over the rail and then tightened onto the rail with a round knurled knob that must be twisted tight.  I found that a coin was a better way to get my KAC grip tight then the knurled knob as the knob has a grove which seems custom made for Quarter installation.  

Where this is most helpful, is when you have a bipod adapter or sling adapter mounted on your bottom rail forward of your vertical grip.  In this configuration, you must remove all attachements forward of the vertical grip to either add or remove the KAC grip.  The ARMS grip doesn't have this same requirement.

---------------------------------------------
My question is, has anybody seen, handled or used the ARMS grip?  I realize it costs more (about $73 vs $50) but the advantages above seem to make it worth the extra $20 to me.  Please correct my understandings if the ARMS grip doesn't come off the rail as I am expecting for I expect this grip to mount just like the ARMS #22 rings that I use.

Thanks,
Quarterbore
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't tried the ARMS forward grip, only seen it displayed.  I have however handled a ZM with a similarly shaped grip, I have to admit it fits the hand better than the broomstick.  My gripe about the KAC grip is that its method of securing to the bottom rail, a plastic nipple is but the only thing that stops the grip from wobbling and it gets worn out quickly if the grip is installed and removed often.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quarterbone, your expectation is correct.  There is no need to slide the ARMS grip into the rail.  Just played with it this morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top