Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 11:40:34 PM EDT
my father n law gave me several boxes of ammo this weekend..wantto know if ant=y cartridge collectors might want it or should i just shoot uo ..i have 2 boxes of 50 .45 ammo marked PISTOL BALL CALIBER .45 M1911..manufactured by "frankford arsenal" and head stamped F A 43  ammo is brass cased not steel and the boxes are in vgood shape .the ammo is still very clean and only just startingto loose a little of the "shinyness" of the brass and copper. he also gove me several hundred rounds of .30 carbine some are "western cartridege company" andare head stamped WCC 43. the other is marked "LAKE CITY ORDNANCE PLANT"  and are head stamped L C 4
all the ammo is bright and shiny that i have looked at and we fired a box of the lake city stuff,all fired  with no problems, in my new ROCKOLA m1 carbine that he gave me..  : )  .. he was "allowed " to keep it after 25 yrs in the navy..i'm not gonna argue with the man i f any one has an interest in thisstuff let me know  
john in houston
ps he also gave me his kabar fighting knife which shows much use butno abuse ..i ws amazed to find it razor sharp afterall these yrs stord in his walk in gun safe
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
On a related note,

A couple months ago I picked up a large metal can of .45 ammo for practice use.  The can has "11,43 Cartridge Pistol Ball Brass Case" stenciled on the top.  I grabbed the big can opener and broke it open today and the ammo is mixed with headstamps "WCC 42", "FA 42", "R A 42", and "WRA 45AC" in that order.  Probably 50% is WCC and maybe 5% is WRA.

I put 4 boxes (168 rounds) through my Kimber as part of my commemoration of Saint John's birthday today.  Accuracy was acceptable but not great and it did go bang with each pull of the trigger.  The powder burned remarkably clean with surprisingly little residue.  Noticably less recoil than the 230gr Hydrashoks I was also shooting.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top