Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2002 4:09:18 PM EDT
Just picked up an  Oly AR 15 and noticed the mag well is really tight anybody ever see this and if so what did you do to alleviate the tightness
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had several OLY receivers that had tight mag wells.  It seems like 90% of them are like that.  Most GI mags will fit but the steel ones will be tight.

I have got rid of the receivers.  The OLY people may fix them but who wants to go to the trouble when most other companies make ones that fit right the first time.

Another problem I have seen with OLY is that sometimes the uppers do not line up with the pin holes.

All in all I would advise someone to stay away from the lowers.  If enough people would do the same thing then maybe the OLY people would make it right the first time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep me to.  I also had an Oly with a tight mag well.  I had to get rid of it because some GI mags fit, some didnt.  Also the fact that the black finish "chipped" very easily.  Got me a Rock River Arms reciever and all the mags work and has a really tough finish.  Get rid of the oly reciever and get you a RRA or Bushmaster or Armalite.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My Oly works fine...I have put everything in it from Orlites, Thermolds, GI, USA, Beta C..they all work...guess I just got a good one.

just my 2 cents

medcop
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Most people with Oly lowers that have tight magazine wells simply "open them up" by trading them for a Bushmaster or RRA lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top