Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/14/2002 5:10:22 AM EDT
I Have a 11.5 barrel assy. with a Prem. 5.5 and it will not fully cycle, The bolt goes back ALMOST far enough for the spent case to eject but then closes back up. A couple times it did go far enough back to feed a new round but not eject the old. I just put a new gastube on it as it did not have one, Could the hole in the tube not be lining up with the port in the barrel??
I have a 14.5" and a 20" and they both run fine.. Thanks in advace for any insight into this problem.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:31:20 AM EDT
It is a problem with the tube. Did you put it in right side up? Did you remove/replace the gas block? If so, you might not have lined up the block properly. Try removing the setup and reinstalling. Take your time, mark for alignment, and all should work fine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:37:54 AM EDT
I am positive I got it in right, The hole on bottom, I did not remove the gas block, I only put in the tube, I am wondering if maybe the hole on bottom does not line up completely with the port in the barrel, Like maybe only 40 or 50% because like I said before, It TRY's to cycle, Just does not seem to be enough gas there to make it go...I am going to pull the tube and DOUBLE check myself, look at the tube to see if it looks like it was lined up or not, If it was then I have not a clue as what to do..
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:45:11 AM EDT
RPK-AK, although you do not say I'm guessing this upper is on some sort of AR-15 ??

I could respond and get about 25% correct but you'll be better served to have "TROY" (Moderator) or "Forest" address your problem. Unlike me these two are actually burdened with knowledge !
There are probably other Mods who also know but I'm just not sure which.

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:50:20 AM EDT
You might want to read here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=55374

Mike
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:34:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2002 7:39:53 AM EDT by gijohnny223]
Try these guys. www.lauerweaponry.com under M16 Shorties
Top Top