Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2002 6:41:48 PM EDT
I just bought a post-ban Bushy Dissipator and was wondering if any body here had one of the Wilson Tactical muzzle brakes installed on their Dissipator? Does it affect accuracy? How does it look on the weapon? I would appreciate it if someone could post a good picture of one of these on a Dissipator so I can get a good idea of what it looks like before I commit to doing this. Also, how was the service from Wilson, was it really a three week turn around like claimed on their website? TIA
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 3:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
i can't comment on the Wilson but my Berquist comped Dissapator upper ith green furniture always gets the meanest looking gun award at three gun matches...(in addition to match winner).......if you're describing the Wilson i think you are it should look just like a preban dissaptor with flash hider.......Dick
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Wilson on my Dissipator and Carbine. I LOVE IT. Accuracy is wonderful and muzzle rise is absolutely non-existent (not that there was a lot to begin with). I HIGHLY recommend them. I dont have any pics of mine scanned yet but as soon as I do I'll try to get one up. NOt only is it very functional, but it really adds to the look of the gun, especially the Dissipator.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Haweye. Did you have Wilson install your muzzle break? How long was the turnaround? I have just about decided to go ahead and have one installed on my carbine, but if you can get a picture up of yours, I would appreciate seeing one actually installed on a Dissipator. TIA
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Will try and take some better pics tonight. Just have to get them developed and on disk. Should have them in a day or so. Yes I had Wilsons do the install on both. Very professional. Looks like they came from the factory with them on. I cant say enough about the looks and performance of the brakes. It did take close to the full 3 weeks. Thats the only down side, but the quality is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Finally got some news pics in. Will try to post them or email them tonight.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Here area a couple. I had some closer ones that turned out a little blurry. If anyone wants to see them Id be glad to email them.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's my dissipator based CAR.  Kinda funky looking, huh?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks good to me MARVL.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's mine.  Done by wilson combat.  3 weeks turn around time.  It's worth the wait.

jaguar

Here's the close up of the brake.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Tyler, They really do work as good as they look.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the pictures, guys. I'm definitely convinced now, gotta get my upper off to Wilson!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top