Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2002 2:29:07 PM EDT
Got my new RRA NM trigger this week.   It is installed in a PWA pre-ban lower mated to Colt pre-ban CAR upper 1/9 HBAR flattop.  Tasco SS 10X42 scope.  Before the new trigger, I usually shot average groups around 2.5-3" at 100 yards.  The old trigger was long, heavy, never seemed to have a consistent feel, and generally sucked.  

So, I got the RRA NM.  The install was flawless.  Just followed the directions. It's WORLDS better.  Still a little long in travel but the first stage is very light and the second stage breaks crisply and much lighter than stock.  I'm guessing around 5lbs.

So, I go to the range to today for the first live-fire, post-trigger install.  It's 30 degrees with winds gusting 10-20mph coming from behind and blowing to the right.  Using Malaysian surplus M193 produced in 1/84.    

No problems with the trigger after 150 rounds.  Groups sizes improved greatly.  

My best 5 shot group was .75" at 100 yards.  I have never shot that well with this rifle.  Average groups hovered around 1-1.5".  200 yard groups reflected the wind (high and to the right) but still averaged around 3-4".  Hits on the gong at 350 yards were child's play.  All this from 18 yr. old surplus ammo too!

I'm pretty pleased with this setup.  Now I just need more time to shoot.      
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Eh, that's pretty impressive with Malaysian surplus

The gun store I go to told me about that trigger and they claim it's the best one on the market in terms of durability and quality of pull. It's the next best thing you can get to a Jewell trigger in terms of a two-stage target trigger.

themao
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#2]
My AR has always shot very well with this particular lot of Malaysian ammo.  I will be sad to see it go finally.  Will report on the batch of Q3131A I just bought from Ammoman and the Guatemalan Surplus from J&G once I get back out to the range.  

Agreed, the trigger is very consistent.  Hope it is durable as well.  I now really enjoy shooting with this rifle.    
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did you get it?  and how much does it go for?  thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where did you get it?  and how much does it go for?  thanks

If you mean the trigger, I got it from Sabelco.net.  Donnie sells them for $85 ($4 shipping/priority mail).  

If you mean the Malay. ammo, I bought it from Sportsman's Supply about 5 years ago.  I think it was about $100 for 860 rounds.  I don't think it is widely available anymore; at least I haven't found any.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations on the new trigger.  It sounds like a big improvement.  I have never owned an AR15 that shot in the 2.5-3" range.  They have all been more like your current group size.  Glad you got there.  Best.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Congratulations on the new trigger.  It sounds like a big improvement.  I have never owned an AR15 that shot in the 2.5-3" range.  They have all been more like your current group size.  Glad you got there.  Best.  Watch-Six

Thanks.  Maybe the old trigger was just THAT bad or maybe my techinique was it.  Could be that the new trigger covers up some defect in my form?  Either way, my groups sized are much better and that is good.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top