Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 3:09:33 PM EDT
everyone was checking out teh pistols and sawed off shotguns and i spotted her.  a preban bfi with a cheepo scope.  it looked unfired and in EXCELLENT shape with the original short magwell.  i briefly looked at it to not draw attention.  i didnt see anyone pic it up even.  well teh bidding started and only one other was bidding against me.  he is a class three dealer and a class 2 manufacturer.  i figured i could pick it up for 300 but that damn guy keep bidding.  oh well i paid 600 and am very happy.  i thought i was going to get a steal though.  the people at the auction wanted to know what that "buck rogers gun" was.  ohh this was my fist auction and it was a rush.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you find these police auctions?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the buy.  I paid about a grand for mine back in '95.  They are a great gun but be careful as the receivers tend to widen their retention pins and the receiver will separate and double or triple fire.  Bushmaster will upgrade you to a brand new upper and lower receiver with the same serial number for a hundred bucks.  Good luck with it and get a nice red dot for it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How do you find these police auctions?

Most Government sales or auctions are listed in the classified ads along with other legal notices.

Sunday's paper here usually brings most of these notices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top