Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 3:34:13 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

I could use any info. and web sites that talk about these two guns. AR OA-98 or .223 Cal "AR-15" Pistol. (New Type 20)

If anyone could give me advice and info on them I would really appreciate it. I want one
Thanks....
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:00:44 PM EDT
is this the swiss cheese model? all i know about it is the buffer is replaced by a spring housed over the barrel, not unlike the LR300. the LR300 uses a standard bolt, but the bolt carrier is where the magic happens, to link to rehashed buffer spring. thats a basic run down on the operation of the beast. incase you dont know, its swiss cheesed to keep it under 50 oz. the nazi 94 crime bill says a pistol over 50 ounces makes it desirable to criminals(WHAT THE F***) therfore, banned. OLY made the Oa93 in a pre ban type config prior to the ban. also, .223 from that short of a barrel is all but usless. it just hads a really loud bark, and a good light show. it is a toy with no real application (not that theirs anythong wrong with that)

the last thing to be said is i belive it is a good bit over priced, but they get away with it cause it has no current post ban equivelent. you may want to wait, i hear heese is coming out with a light weight upper for their kevlar ar15 lower. that would give a pistol without all the holes. it would also be a good deal cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:38:06 PM EDT
Thanks Matt,
How about the type 20. It has a type of buffer assembly that protruds a bit unlike the OA-98.
It looks like one could attach a stock to it.
Have any info on it ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:05:35 PM EDT
Is the Type 20 made by Oly too? Dose anyone have any pics of it, I've never heard of it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:47:34 AM EDT
armed scientist, yes you have, just most people dont call it the type 20. thats the carbon 15 pistol.
Top Top