Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/7/2002 11:55:34 AM EDT
Saw this in Shotgun News under "Military/Automatic Arms for Sale":

"REPAIR PARTS:M16 Pre-81 DROP IN AUTO SAFETY SEAR $75 ..."

This one hails from Detroit, Michigan. Hmmmm.. seems that price of admission to Club Fed has just been reduced.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:34:27 PM EDT
They've run that add for a long time, before the address was VA, smells like a trap and probably is. And what is an "auto saftey sear" anyway?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:44:27 PM EDT
If this were a Fed trap, how would this hold up in court, and has there ever been a case like this?

Shotgun News has a diverse group of viewers. You could have dad laying the magazine on a table, jr. sees the ad and orders one (using grandmas B-day money). This is obviously someone with no clue in the world about knowing what's legal.

Could someone please order one so we could resolve this dilemma?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:57:03 PM EDT
Several years ago while aI was young and nieve I DID order one of these. Called on the phone, left the delevery info and got the cash to leave with my wife upon COD delivery. I started reading about these sears and decided that although I wasn't sure that they were illegal to own, I damn wasn't sure that they were, despite what the ad said. I called back and said to the recording that I was cancelling the order. Do not ship it and if it had allready been shipped that I would refuse delivery because after researching them I thought that they might not be legal to own. I also mentioned that I was recording the call for future reference. The box came to my home, I refused delivery and that is the end of the story. At least as far as I know. I have bought many guns since and was oked for a FFL, so I guess that I am not in too deep with the ATF. FFl is no more because of ZONING issues, but that is ANOTHER story!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:58:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Duffy:
They've run that add for a long time, before the address was VA, smells like a trap and probably is. And what is an "auto saftey sear" anyway?

They have run the ad for a long time and the whole thing STINKS.

Each time I see anything resembling a DIAS I run.

There's two choices here - "auto safety sear" = Scam or = trap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:05:47 PM EDT
BTW, this ad is different from the $125 one. This one runs in the classified section, as oppose to a display ad. They also have M16 and M2 parts, as if to make the "Intend to Construct" stick better.
Top Top