Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/6/2002 6:48:28 PM EDT
I have been looking at them for a while. Are they any good? Are they accurate? Are they worth it?

Know of a good place to procure one?

Should I stick with my SKS as my trail gun?

THanks

max
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:52:06 PM EDT
Kinda looking at these myself. Thought about a forward mounted pistol scope to use as a scout rifle. Just stumbled across them and dont know anything about them though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:08:26 PM EDT
I don't have one, but I'm an Enfield fan so I read the forums. Basically the Quest is an Ishapore Enfield (7.62NATO) that's been converted to the No. 5 Jungle Carbine configuration. (Except the Ishapore is based on the No. 1 Mk. III and the No. 5 was based on the No. 4 Mk. I) They are NOT known for excellent (or even really good) accuracy, though they should be capable of holding minute-of-mule-deer out to about 150 yards. The No. 5 had a reputation as a kicker even when chambered in .303 British (I have had one of those, and I didn't think it was all that bad, but mine was sporterized - not equipped with the military stock.) To counter this somewhat, the Quest has a sort of muzzle brake. I would bet that makes it REALLY LOUD.

J&G Sales www.jgsales.com had some a while back. In the GD forum J&G has had a hit-and-miss reputation when it comes to customer service. I just checked - they don't show any now.

As a personal aside, I'm not to thrilled with the "chrome pimp-gun" appearance, myself.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:19:43 PM EDT
Big kick, low price.

Good for short range defense...not exactly a MOA accurate shooter but will take down a big target at 100yds or less.

It was good enough to go to war with & still is. Come with a nice 12rd magazine. The mag works, the rifle works & it will do the job up close & personal style.

Just don't expect to win any competitions with it. It's a decent .308 for the price (around $280.00 or so).

The muzzle brake makes it VERY loud...be sure you wear some type of hearing protection.

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:25:05 PM EDT
Low accuracy, high recoil, easy to spot in the sun and LOUD. 2 please.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:43:57 PM EDT
ROFL Rudison!!!!

I don't understand the appeal. Especially when there are a bunch of original No5MK1 rifles on the market.

If you want a .308 scout, there are tons of low cost new manufacture rifles.

Whatever.

Cheers,
Chris

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:23:44 AM EDT
Well after all of your input, I think I will stick with my Remington 700 LTR as my dedicated .308.

Thanks
Max
Top Top