Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 12:38:53 AM EDT
I was wondering if it is possible to load an AR15 though the ejector port.  Is it also possible to load the magazine though the ejector port as well?
I know this might sound like a dumb question, but I am more formulary with rifles that use fixed magazines and don't know much about the AR series.
- Dustin
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:05:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Like Red says, Dumbass! On the other hand WHY? Ar15 uses a detachable mag........
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#2]
you can load the rifle this way, BUT!!!

You must ride the cocking handle down and use the forward ast.  If you don't and let the bolt fly closed, you stand a good chance of the rifle slam firing!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Dustin, I'm not sure where you're heading with this question. If you're just curious then, yes, it's possible though very impractical.

May I suggest that you join a range in Kali and start meeting some of the "gun" guys in your area. These guys will show you the ins and outs of AR craft, especially the safety aspects. You'll find the gun crowd very friendly and willing to help.  

I really think that you'll find the mag release a whole lot more fun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I know that if you load a pistol throught the ejection port you will ruin the extractor.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
There are single round "sleds" sold to hand load these rifles.  Try Funton Armory, they probably have one as will Brownells.

There is NO reason to ride the charging handle closed, the "slam fire problem" was recently solved -- in 1964 (sixty four).  Unless you use pistol primers in reloads you're good to go.

NRA High Power long range shooting is often done this way as the very heavy bullets needed to buck the wind at long ranges are too long for the magazines.  To get uniform bullet seating requires tripping the bolt release.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Chuck!  I think you covered all the bases.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you can load the rifle this way, BUT!!!

You must ride the cocking handle down and use the forward ast.  If you don't and let the bolt fly closed, you stand a good chance of the rifle slam firing!!!!

WRONG!
Having chambered and seen chambered literally tens of thousands of rounds during High Power match slow fire stages and I have yet to see a slam fire.

There is no good reason to load your magazine through the ejection port. Biggest risk is causing the bolt catch to release while your finger is in there and having the bolt come shooting forward on it. OUCH!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the ranges I shoot at is single fire only. Most people who own AR-15's load a round in through the ejection port. I seat an empty 10 round mag, and go to town.

I have loaded and fired about 750 rounds that way, and have never had a problem.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I should have included this in my original post.  A friend of mine recommended this rifle, although I will end up going with the FAB10, I just could not figure out how to load this rifle – and as far as I could tell, it looked like you would load it thought the ejector.  My friends load their SKS though the ejector port when they don’t use strip clips, so I was wondering if you could do the same with this rifle.

www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=11072&CATID=493
http://www.shooterstore.com/dpmsinc/images/RFA2-V.jpg
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]

ONLY IN KALI :(:(:(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top