Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 7:16:29 PM EDT
I have been shopping for a 20" barrel in either SS or chrome moly.  I understand Oly makes some good target barrels -SUM type.  DPMS has a good reputation for their barrels also.  I also understand that some sell Wilson barrels.  In connection with this, I have heard one must be careful which Wilson is purchased.  I am confussed about that though.  I do not want to spend over 2 1/2 for the barrel.  This will be used for informal target and general fun.  I would still like it to be accurate though.  Can someone make some recommendations.  bybon
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You will like the Oly SUM.
Get the 8" twist.
cpermd
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Brownells sells the Olympic SUM for cheaper than Olympic, but they only carry the 1 in 10 twist. The SUMs are the most accurate in that price range in my experience.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for the Oly barrels. I have an Oly heavy stainless on one of my preban Olys and it's a tack driver.

7th
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Oly makes a very good barrel.
If you want a Premium Barrel for the AR, then Krieger makes a great one, of course you will pay MORE for it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Ihave an Oly M4gery pre ban barrel, SS, that I'd like to sell... Has about 20 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
zapata I have the same barrel on another rifle.  I was looking for something about 20".  My M4gery is a darn good barrel though.  Thanks anyway.  bybon
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
My past experience with Olympic Arms was the long wait. Very poor p.r. on the phones. That was a few years ago. I have a Wilson barrel on
one of my ARs, and it does really well.  I got
the barrel from ASA for about $225. (1999)
You might check with Compass Lake Engineering.
Frank White was charging about $250 for a
Douglas that HE chambers.  I would take anything
Frank puts out over the Olympic Arms.  John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top