Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/30/2001 4:28:31 PM EDT
Anyone here own one of these pistols? I was thinking of picking one up to do some target shooting/deer hunting with. I've seen them at gunshows before, but did'nt pay much attention to them. I know they are single shots, but exactly how does one manipulate the action on the thing? Anyone know where I might find some info online?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:14:23 PM EDT
My cousin had one a few years ago in .308. I only saw it once. I believe that you turned a dial on the rear of the gun, inserted a shell from the breech, and turned the dial back to the closed position.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:05:30 PM EDT
Magnum Research's website has some info on them, but nothing on how the action works. Your explanation makes sense as from the pictures it looks like it has a round knob/grip to rotate. Thanks

KILL IS SUCH A FRIENDLY WORD
SEEMS THE ONLY WAY OF REACHING OUT AGAIN

Great song there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:22:45 PM EDT
the above description is pretty much right, turn the back "dial" or whatever. its cool, but personally, i would go with a remington maybe, or a TC contender. that way you can change cal.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 5:53:43 AM EDT
mattsd, caliber conversions are available for the Lone Eagle. The plastic stock/grip will accept all of the Lone Eagle calibers.
I thought about getting a Contender, but there is no way I can get one of them NIB for under $300.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:40:10 AM EDT
I've heard it called a 'cannon breach' but I'm not sure if it is correct. The one I held was chambered for a cutdown .308 cartridge and I forget what it's called too. The pistol did hold steady as a rock though. I do remember it's heft to be perfect and it's design was comfortable for a two hand hold like the Weaver.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:53:35 AM EDT
You shove in the round, twist the rear, cock with a lever, and fire.
Then twist the other way and hook out the case.
I shot one in 30-06.
It rocks 100%. I guess it comes in some other, lesser, chamberings too.
Top Top