Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
They forgo the marksmanship requirement for active/reserve or honorably discharged military, and police officers.If you do not fall into the above, Shoot one match, you dont even have to hit the target! Some clubs will let you join by mail, or have a special CMP memebership deal.

I have gotten excellent service from the CMP, and I have a beautiful 1945 springfield service grade, and a 1941 springfield/ danish M1. The bbls are in excellent shape and they shoot great. I dont care about, nor expect matching parts. It is almost absurd to expect rifles that saw years of hard service to have matching parts!

When I got my rifles, I took all the metal off the stocks, sprayed them down with oven cleaner, and washed them down in warm water in my bathtub. This raises the small dents, and takes the oil out. Use a wet rag and an Iron to take out larger dents. Sand sparingly with 200 grit sandpaper. Leave the cartouches, and dont expect to get all the dents out. Rub the stock with linseed oil diluted with 50% mineral spirits several times a week for several weeks, rub hard! This will give the stock a nice hand-rubbed finish.

The finish is decent on the rifles I got so I elected to leave the finish alone. If this does not suit you, find a shop that will reparkerize the parts for you. I could have this done for as little as $30 bucks in my area.

The rifles the CMP sells are much much better that what century arms could ever sell you!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top