Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 12:57:08 AM EDT
Needing to buy about three mags for a Beretta 92, anyone have any experience with USA mags, especially those for a Beretta?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#1]
No I don't but I did buy some Asian Military mags for the 92 from CDNN Investments.

They are great quality mags.  They have aluminum floorplates and followers, and functioned flawlessly in mine.  They cost about $30 apiece.

I would get those if I were you.  They were about the only good quality high cap mags I could find at a reasonable cost.

Good luck with the USA's, I've never liked their mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't bought them yet.  I have seen the Asian mags.  Good to know!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:34:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I am assuming you have heard the negative info on the USA AR mags.

As far as the pistol mags go, I have had decent luck with the P89 and even a 32rnd. G17 mag from USA. I guess it is harder to mess up the pistol mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought 3 USA mags for my Beretta 92 from www.cheaperthandirt.com. I haven't had any problems with those mags at all. 2 of the mags came with the Beretta style floorplate, 1  didn't. All 3 mags have functioned flawlessly.

15 rounds for $12.97 each.

I have no complaints !

Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I have four of their 92FS 15 rnd. mags and two of their 30 rnd. mags. Finish is pathetic, and I had to tinker with two of them, but now they work almost as well as my factury ten rnd. mags. The USA pistol mags in my experience aren't nearly as bad as their rifle mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had good luck with the Beretta 92 FS mags, so to speak. Bought 6 returned 2, once was repaired, the other worse, but I did get a free t-shirt. I exchanged it where I bought it, and the 6th mag works perfectly now, like the other 5.

Wouldn't trust my life to them, only pre-ban, well tested factory mags.

Also had a 40 rd AR180/AR15 combo mag that worked fine in my BM and PWA, but wouldn't fit my Colt, so I sold it.

Wouldn't buy the AR mags, though, it's a waste of money. Buy USGI 20's & 30's or you'll be sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top