Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2001 7:16:57 PM EDT
I recently came across a couple of thousand once fired 9mm brass. However when I deprimed them and tried to reprime them I ran into a problem.  The primer pocket is just too small to take the primer.  They do not have crimps per say, like 5.56 that I have seen but do seem to have extra material on the outside edge.  I bought a hand tool that was supposed to ream out the pocket but I figure that it will take me forever to complete the job.  
Is there another way to do this?  Oh and what is it called are they crimped?  or what??

thanks in advance as always!
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I pay $12/thousand for once fire commercial Winchester Brass.

Just throw the shit away, it's not worth .012 apiece to deal with reaming primer pockets.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep the brass. You may think it is worthless now, but when the time comes it will be very valuable as barter.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally for me I would $hit can the lousy brass.  Why use up valuable storage space, when you can get some that works.  9mm Para is so plentiful it is not worth the effort to ream the flash holes.  I would take them all down to the local recycle yard, and sell them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I would save it, I don't know about Canada but around here at the local gun shows you can trade your brass in for some money off on reloads.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats what I was afraid of....pretty much useless as it is.  Oh well I guess I had better try and find some commercial stuff up here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top