Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/21/2001 10:00:36 PM EDT
I am thinking of getting one of these pistols as a summer concealed carry gun, and was wondering if anyone had any experinces good or bad with them. My buddy has one, It seemed to have decent heft, pointed well for me, decent sights, and fit my hand well. He will let me shoot it, as soon as his broken leg heals up and we can get to a range. A local gun shop has them for around $250 new. Seems like a decent gun that I wouldn't be afraid to carry and use, unlike the sweeeeeet Kimber .45 on a commander sized frame (Eclipse, I belive) that'd make me cry if I put a scratch on it.

Any links to online reviews? Accuracy? +P+ worthy? Favorite loads?

Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:57:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2001 12:50:45 AM EDT by Ross]
It is what I choose to carry, and I can choose anything to carry from the safe. The reason it's my choice is that it's the easiest gun to live with. It's light, compact and carries easy. That's what I want. The trigger is heavy, it's not the most comfortable to shoot, and it's not the most accurate. I have just under a thousand rounds out of mine. I have had no failures. Ball or JHP. I carry and shoot it now with Federal hydra-shock JHP. No problems with it working on that fodder.

Some people have had problems with them, most have none. They aren't a loveable gun to shoot. What they are is a gun that works and is easy to carry in a decent caliber. It's not some work of art, nor a "bragging rights" gun. It's just "a gun".

Mine is very early production that I bought new in FL when I lived down there. That was just after they started making them. It was the easiest to carry in shorts/t-shirt, which is what I wore down there ten months of the year. I like it better than the mini-Glock because of price, and because it's not as blocky. I think the Glock shoots better though. Try out your buddy's gun before you buy one. If he'll let you carry it around and try it, that would be great.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 1:37:26 AM EDT
Had one, it worked. Good close up piece. I think there is a site dedicated to them...KTOG.org if I remember it correctly. These guys are fanatics on it. Lotsa info & pics.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:57:09 AM EDT
I've had one since they first came out. A trigger shoe on it will help the feel of that heavy trigger pull. Of course it doesn't lighten it up, just makes it feel better. No problems with mine. Though I don't use it much it is not because I wouldn't trust it, I just have others that I like better. When my son got his CCW permit, I gave him his choice of three of my guns that I would feel safe carrying. I didn't want him carrying and depending on a POS. The Keltec was one of his options. He didn't pick it, but if he had, I think it would have been a good gun for him.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:19:56 PM EDT
Thanks guys... Looked at the Kel-Tec webpage and KTOG.org... I think this will be a good first concealed carry pistol for me.

I apreciate your time,
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:27:41 PM EDT
my 2 cents are about the same. They work. Just keep em in the dark. I bought mine for the same reasons. I just don't care how scratched up it gets and you pull the trigger and it goes boom. It is the one I use when my Glock 27 is a little too big.

It's the same price and size as most .380 in a 9mm. That and it's reliability sold me. I will tell you that I don't like to shoot it though...
Top Top