Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 7:56:05 PM EDT
Has anyone used internet gun broker.com? How was your buying experience with them?

Thanks

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought ammo and mags from a guy who turned out to be local. Very good experience.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought mags, stripper clips, green followers and a couple of other items, with no problems. Haven't bought a gun on the site. There are some reputable gunshops that sell on gunbroker. Probably just for the exposure.
Read the feedback on a seller before bidding, and email previous buyers about their experiences with a seller whose auction you're interested in.
I don't know if gunbroker will help a buyer who's been screwed. Keep in mind, that gunbroker makes it's money from sellers, not buyers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a SAR-1 AK from some guy, worked fine for me
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys, I am a little leary of buying because I have never used a auction service before. I want a 9mm Marlin camp rifle and a guy their says he has one.  Thanks again everyone.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've bought several Bushmaster parts, including 2 lowers.  Nothing bad to say about any transaction.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Gunbroker has done fine for me buying or selling. Just check the sellers feedback before bidding.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:13:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Its worked out good for me.  I have bought a couple of guns through it.

Found my NIB Bushy M4 on gunbroker.com for $799, $200 cheaper than any dealer in my State.

Just like Ebay, check up on the sellers feedback before you bid.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Just remember you are dealing with the seller, not Gunbroker. If a seller has a good feedback history you will most likely have no problem. Buying a new gun from a dealer is just like ordering from a Sears catalog. Buying a used gun from an individual is a little trickier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top