Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 3:46:49 PM EDT
Hey All,

Looking at Center Fire Systems's ad in the Shotgun News, I saw this pic about a 9mm pistol, the Scorpion.  CZ61 or something was what it was called....

The site doesn't have much info on it and I looked it up in an old military book.

My question, for $200, this is a spray and pray thing for sure.  But is the barrel (says 2") any good ya think?  And if it goes bad, .... is the barrel pressed in, pinned in or a screwed in?

If the barrel is easily replacable, it may be a nice thing, but if it's like a Tec 9/AB-10 barrel, if it ever goes bad (shot out), ya got an anchor.  My AB10 can't even spin  the bullet any more.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't know what's in the CFS ad, but the Skorpion is a little Czech .32acp buzzgun. Not too many transferble ones around. I saw one at Knob Creek for about $5K once.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the new one.
www.centerfiresystems.com
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is the new one.
www.centerfiresystems.com

But the original question still stands... is the barrel threaded on, pinned or pressed????

Hummm.....post ban M11...tempting.....but, who knows.

Link Posted: 12/17/2001 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]
shot one when i was in the Army, sucked like a champ. ejected rounds straight up when it fired, what a bad idea.  i think it was 9x18, good ol' comm-block guns.  while the makarov and the ak are countless and always work, the scorpion was junk.  i think they use one in the Matrix though.  (the funny thing is when they show the shells that eject from it hit the floor, THEY ARE FULL BLOWN RIFLE CASINGS!  silly stuff that hollywood
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top