Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 10:30:10 AM EDT
Who currently manufactures LEGAL bullpup shotguns? Is there a drop-in kit for an 870 express?
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Muzzelite used to make a bullpup stock for the 870 but don't think they do anymore.

If you can wait a few month's you can get a Neostead, bullpup shotgun, pump action, dual mag tubes, thirteen round capacity!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Muzzelite used to make a bullpup stock for the 870 but don't think they do anymore.

If you can wait a few month's you can get a Neostead, bullpup shotgun, pump action, dual mag tubes, thirteen round capacity!

is that a south african or south american made shotgun I cant remember but I saw an article on one about5-6 yrs ago and wanted it..it had two tubes over the barrel and a switch so you choos e wich tube great for law-enforcement/home protection...one tube slugs other tube buck...I wouldnt mix buck in one tube and less than leathal in the other because if you knocked the switch or picked the wrong one youd be screwed...but rubber in one tube cs in the other would be neat...great idea 6+6+1 sweet.

if this become available in the states it will be my next purchased....
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Muzzelite is only into making Bullpups for the 10/22 and mini-14 now-a-days
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ummm haven't you heard of that law they passed in '94????  If the neostead comes here, it will have one mag tube, which will be limited to 5 rounds.  But it will probably be declared a shotgun with no sporting use, and be banned.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm haven't you heard of that law they passed in '94????  If the neostead comes here, it will have one mag tube, which will be limited to 5 rounds.  But it will probably be declared a shotgun with no sporting use, and be banned.

but I thought it was pump not semi auto??? am i wrong
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Just checked... it's a pump, so it should be civi legal. But I can only find 1 u.s. distributor and it looks like they're strictly LE.

see: users.aol.com/rwnco/neostead.htm

edited to add link: users.iafrica.com/n/nj/njj741t/
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The Neostead shot gun being developed by South Africa is a PUMP shot gun therefore not affect bt the AWB.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#8]
5 round limit i just bought a new 6 shot capacity at wally world
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I forgot about the pump factor.  But it still won't get past the sporting purposes clause like the streetsweeper, etc...

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I forgot about the pump factor.  But it still won't get past the sporting purposes clause like the streetsweeper, etc...

the street sweeper too is SEMI-AUTO not pump..so once again I think this shotgun will make it..... my Mossberg 590 is 9 shot  and Ive seen Remm1100 at 13-13 shot and they are semi-auto..but thoose are custom jobs....
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#11]
It is my understanding that you can do just about anything you want to a pump-action shotgun as long as it meets the legal requirements for barrel length and overall length. You can put a folding stock on a pump, but not a semi-auto.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is my understanding that you can do just about anything you want to a pump-action shotgun as long as it meets the legal requirements for barrel length and overall length. You can put a folding stock on a pump, but not a semi-auto.

Yes, and I would add that the law does allow pistol grip only on the pump action as long as the length restrictions are observed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Now how can we get these?

That's what I want to know. I checked up on it and there's rumors (or full evidence, I forget) that they're looking for a mass market producer for the design.

I'd certainly get one when they came out, if the US govt lets them out in this form. You can be sure that sooner or later, some idiot is going to do something stupid with this gun and ruin it for everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top