Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 8:42:36 PM EDT
I'm going to use the Santose zero on the Bushmaster Shorty (16"bbl) this weekend and I have the following question.  Item number 10 of the "Improved Battlesight Zero" (IBZ) procedure suggests to set the rear sight to the 8/3 position for "patrolling" using the large opening aperture, following completion of the zeroing procedure.   Where does the large aperture "center"?  Is the center of the large aperture aimed lower than the center of the small aperture?  Explain to me where the POI matches the POA for the following cases:

with the large aperture and the rear sight set at 8/3,

with the small  aperture and the rear sight set at 8/3,

with the small  aperture and the rear sight set at 8/3 minus two clicks.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow! Whats the Santose zero? Any body know the way to Santose? Maybe your lingo needs to be adjusted for the pedestrian traffic? But anyway, WELCOME!
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
495 posts and ...

Whats the Santose zero?

Has someone been spending their time at "Babe of the Day"?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
In other words, if the POI for the large (0-2) aperture is the same as for the small aperture, both at POA say 50yds following IBZ procedure, then why would you "patrol" with rear sight at 8/3 (300yds)?  Wouldn't you want to "patrol" with rear sight set at 8/3 minus two such that the "...tiny trajectory arc allows very precise shooting out to 250 meters where the bullet is only 2" below the line of sight."  ?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I found the answer myself, although some more explanation on why this is would be nice.  I think I'll look at that Maryland site.  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=63413

Basically you need to be at 8/3 for the large apeture to have the same trajectory as the small at 8/3-2.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Due to lack of response, I have decided to flame myself:

MonkeyGrip you ignorant SLU#&T!!!  Didn't you read this ...
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=73344

In signing off I wish you early barrel failure (immediately preceding a SHTF scenario) and may the fleas of a thousand Taliban camels infest you armpits.  Good Day Sir!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, I forgot to add:

... In addition, I question your manhood because you shoot a [insert offensive firearm of choice here e.g. Chautchaut, Sten, FAL, M1A, etc.].  
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Due to lack of response, I have decided to flame myself:

;^) I wasn't going to say anything because the question was answered in your first link.

Yep, optics/sigts questions often have been answered already in the Optics Forum.  At least you are ahead of 80% of the crowd and use the Search feature.

Good Job!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top